Long Shot

Heng Long/WPL are now manufacturing 1/16 scale RC trucks, so it seemed sensible to create a forum area dedicated to the amazing things that members are doing with them. Post your builds, mods, and tips here.
wibblywobbly
Major

Long Shot

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just found this. Now bear in mind that the HL trucks are 1/16 copies of the 1/12 scale CrossRC truck range, and you can see where I am going with this. If CrossRC are producing this gun, which is a big departure from the standard RC truck market, then does this mean that HL will produce it in 1/16 I wonder?

Would make a great accessory for the 1/16 scale truck and right up our avenue of the hobby.
Attachments
ddd_medium.jpg
ddd_medium.jpg (11.04 KiB) Viewed 838 times
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Long Shot

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Truck and cannon both. Particularly if the cannon could be equipped with IR functions.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

It can be done, I did it with the artillery gun that I bring to the meets. The electronics could be mounted in the back of a covered wagon, with a plug going between the two. Could even have a large crate in the back that could be taken off the truck and placed next to the gun? Using a smaller Arduino Nano board and a smaller battery would make it possible.

I have sound on the gun now, but due to the way that I have configured things using a separate board/SD card etc to provide the gun sound, there is a delay between the muzzle flash and the sound being generated. I could get around it using an Adafruit board, as Luke has updated the firmware to do just that.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

that be cool wouldn't it
Maybe on mass we need to contact them and suggest good ideas for them ;)

I reckon they could easily extend to Jeep, 6x6(as rumoured), more modern stuff like 8x8 Tatra's
But no reason rebodied Opel Blitz, Stolly and all sorts. Their toy car design is just soo flexible and is actually a very clever piece of simple design
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class