Time is precious.

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
Davarama
Lance Corporal

Time is precious.

Post by Davarama »

Hi, bearing in mind modelling time is finite I find I spend half my time looking for things I've just put down or sorting things out that I've done wrong!

Here's a few tips to avoid this.

I have 3 binding plugs and one 3rd party tx. This weekend I lost 2 plugs, the other disappeared ages ago. During the hunt I found the long lost one, it's now attached to the tx so problem solved.

I now have a magnet on my workbench, all screws etc. go straight on it.

When doing anything to do with wiring or similar, take photos! Even when you(I) think you'll remember, still do it. When doing Stug I even labelled wires with abbreviations that I knew I'd remember, not so good several months down the line when I hadn't a clue what they meant!

If you mix a special paint formula, write it down and label any leftovers, being a German modeller I have several jars of dunklegelb that I don't know what goes with what.

Most importantly, check lipos regularly, I have been doing this & for some reason one of mine had died a death in a few weeks and was down to less than 3v per cell. Like I said, time is finite but that could have shortened it a lot!

Sermon over but please feel free to add.

Dava.
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya/Wechoe Jagdtiger
Heng Long Stug iii
Heng Long Jagdpanther
Torro Jagdtiger
Taigen Panther G
Heng Long Challenger 2

Return to “Tips and Tricks”