Control board holders.

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
jarndice
Colonel

Control board holders.

Post by jarndice »

Rather than spend money on Control Board Holders I make my own, :thumbup:
You need a sheet of "3"mm Plasti-card, The dimensions of the control board,
A Marker pen and a Modelling saw or a Dremel .
I get an IBU2 Board and an ASP Board out of a single sheet of 30 CMs x 21 CMs Plasti-card with lots of space left over.
As most people know I glue a sheet of "Velcro" onto items that sit on the Hull floor of my Tanks so you can add a suitable size sheet of "Velcro" to the list.
If you don't already know the CLARK TK22 fits snugly into the RX18 holder so you should already have one of those. :thumbup:
As a Liner for the floor of the Holder and to cushion the base of the control board I glue a pre-cut sheet of Small scale Bubble wrap in place it not only cushions the control board but supports the uneven base of it at the same time.
Shaun.
Last edited by jarndice on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Control board holders.

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Yes, I've had a go at that too, Shaun. At the same time, I always thought how convenient it was that the Clark TK22 board could fit inside the Taigen holder. Out of interest, though, how to you secure the board to the holder? I'm reluctant to use double sided
sticky tapes, like the 3M ones, just in case they impact on the conductivity of the PCBs. On my first Tiger 1 'enhancement', I put the TK22 in the Taigen retainer/ holder, but found that the wiring loom was sufficiently stiff to yank it out again every time I took the upper hull off.. :-<
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I do nothing to the Holder Roy I already use a JST 8 pin extension cable (From E-BAY)between the control board 8 pin socket in the Hull to the 8 pin socket in the body Which reduces any "Tug" when you lift the body from the hull and allows you to run all the systems with the Tank open as well as changing the battery.
Two birds, one stone.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:I do nothing to the Holder Roy I already use a JST 8 pin extension cable (From E-BAY)between the control board 8 pin socket in the Hull to the 8 pin socket in the body Which reduces any "Tug" when you lift the body from the hull and allows you to run all the systems with the Tank open as well as changing the battery.
Two birds, one stone.
Shaun.
Two birds, one stone.. :O I'll report you to the RSPB you cruel man :haha:
Yes, that was my most recent solution too, Shaun. I brought four of these 35mm 8 pin cables from Rctank.de. The problem is, they're almost too long, and need a basket to curl up in like a Cobra :lolno: :haha:
https://www.rctank.de/EXTRA-LONG-Cable- ... Elmod-35cm
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”