Intro to the Open Panzer Project - and a new Control Board

This forum relates to the Open Source Tank Control Board (TCB). Please read the sticky and visit the main site to find out all about the board and how to install it.
LukeZ
Lance Corporal

Re: Intro to the Open Panzer Project - and a new Control Boa

Post by LukeZ »

Carl, every part number is listed in the Bill of Materials on the Downloads page. The document provides links to every part at DigiKey in the USA. MOSFETs Q1-Q8 are the first item in the list.

Here is the direct link to the part at DigiKey: IRLML2502

DigiKey has no minimum order. Choose USPS First Class mail for cheap shipping.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - read why
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

The IRLML2502 is not specific...
Here in Germany you can buy this at any electronic dealer.
But you need the right equipment!
And you have to be very careful about static electricity...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

LukeZ wrote:Carl, every part number is listed in the Bill of Materials on the Downloads page. The document provides links to every part at DigiKey in the USA. MOSFETs Q1-Q8 are the first item in the list.

Here is the direct link to the part at DigiKey: IRLML2502

DigiKey has no minimum order. Choose USPS First Class mail for cheap shipping.
On it thanks so much! You have been so very helpful LukeImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
LukeZ
Lance Corporal

Post by LukeZ »

Hobby King has contacted me with an update:
  1. They confirm what jhamm originally discovered, the factory placed incorrect MOSFETs on all production boards. The reasons for this are as yet unknown.
  2. All customers who purchased a board can contact Hobby King customer service for a full refund. Here is a help page at Hobby King that seems to describe the process you need to take.
  3. Finally, Hobby King has directed their factory to manufacture a new set of boards with the correct components. No timeline was given for when these will be available.

My apologies again to those who have waited so many months for this product to become available, and to all the customers who made a purchase for the inconvenience they now face.
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

I got my TCB yesterday, unfortunately with the wrong MOSFETs too. If they were through-hole components I'd be more than happy to swap them out, but I've never tried surfacemount soldering before. Although the boards are relatively cheap, I'd rather not use one for my first attempt.

HK instantly authorised my RMA, hopefully the second batch won't be too far out.
LukeZ
Lance Corporal

Post by LukeZ »

Ram, I'm curious if HK issued you a cash refund or a store credit? Someone over on RCU was given a store credit, maybe it was just an automated response, but regardless you are entitled to a full cash refund. Let me know if you have any issues with Hobby King whatsoever.

In the meantime you can still use the TCB for many functions, all the driving will work, servo outputs, Benedini control, onboard turret motor control, smoker and more should all be fine. Lights, IR battle, and airsoft and mechanical recoil should be the only things affected.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Luke I've already ordered my mosfets from the reccomended vendor and will be carefully doing the swap on these as soon as they arrive. It gave me a good excuse to replace my old soldering station and order a nice new soldering station this week so I can do the surface soldering needed

Sabertooth is in hand and now just have to order the benedini mini sound board.
Tanks alot.... :wave:
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

c.rainford73 wrote:Luke I've already ordered my mosfets from the reccomended vendor and will be carefully doing the swap on these as soon as they arrive. Image It gave me a good excuse to replace my old soldering station and order a nice new soldering station this week so I can do the surface soldering neededImage

Sabertooth is in hand and now just have to order the benedini mini sound board.
Remember, you'll soon be one of the rare TCB users! ;D
This is in my eyes the best combination for brushed Motors
You will not give up this combination any more...
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

LukeZ wrote:Ram, I'm curious if HK issued you a cash refund or a store credit? Someone over on RCU was given a store credit, maybe it was just an automated response, but regardless you are entitled to a full cash refund. Let me know if you have any issues with Hobby King whatsoever.
I was given store credit too, there wasn't an option for a refund when I filled out the RMA. I suppose I could have chased it up or requested one manually (under Australian consumer law I'm entitled to one regardless), but since I'm intending to buy another TCB when they're available again I wasn't too concerned.
LukeZ
Lance Corporal

Post by LukeZ »

Hobby King told me once again today that every customer will receive a refund. I will believe it when I see it. Please let me know if you do.

Return to “Open Panzer Tank Control Board”