New Member's static tank kits from my youth

Got any static model tanks? If so post them here.
Andy Antipas
Recruit

New Member's static tank kits from my youth

Post by Andy Antipas »

I'm new to the board, but looking at all the wonderful RC tanks on this site got me to go to the garage and find the box with tank models I built as a young teen. We are going back 35 years here! Parts have fallen off and they are in a bit of disrepair, but its fun to look at them again as I think about the RC tank I would like to build. Thanks to Mart for all his time and patience with my questions! Best, Andy
Ex_Pat_Tanker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: New Member's static tank kits from my youth

Post by Ex_Pat_Tanker »

Hey Andy!
They look great, I think you'll have no problems churning out great looking 1:16 tanks by the dozen ;D (well maybe apart from the family and the bank manager...! ;D )
Assuming that you want to recreate these master pieces in 1:16, here's how:
As you may have seen on Bill's site, the Panzer IIIL is already available out of the box from Heng Long and its a great little tank!
Your late model Panzer IV can be recreated with Modellino's barrell and turret hatch parts (see the recommended vendors section) + my plans for the schurzen spaced armour are floating around here somewhere (I'm working on a similar late model Pz IVH)
Modellino also offers a T34/74 turret for the WSN T34/85. The gun elevation is something that I'm currently fighting with, but the rest of the kit is a simple bolt on peice.
One of the RC Tank communities 'leading lights' is working on getting a M10 into production - it may be a year or before it hits the market, but I have faith ;D

Can't wait to see what you come up with...
Mart
BIGMIG
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by BIGMIG »

Great looking collection of tanks Andy.If you were doing that as a teen you are going to have more fun now with what is avaible.Thanks for posting the pictures,and it looks like you have taken good care of them.    ;D ;D

BIGMIG  ;) ;)
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

great looking collection
Andy Antipas
Recruit

Post by Andy Antipas »

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. I have spent too much time over the last few days surfing RC tank websites, You-tube, digging out my old collection of WW2 armor books, etc. I'm not sure what my first project will be. Initially I was thinking Tiger I, but I'm not sure now. It is the electronics part I'm a bit shy with. I just need to buy a RTR tank and jump in I guess...... Maybe Mart's suggestion of a Pzkw IV F2 painted in DAK colors? We'll see.
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

nice models you got there andy

plenty of guys here will help you with the build  one word of warning with the h/long electrics never assume the colours as coded are right

have seen black as positive and red as neutral :o :o :o :o
Mad Fox
Corporal

Post by Mad Fox »

Great collection you have their, are they 1/35? Tamiya I'm guessing. :D

Welcome to the forum :D
1 H/L Tiger in lots of bits being sorted

"A Tiger gives you a VERY nice Edge"
Andy Antipas
Recruit

Post by Andy Antipas »

Yes, they are Tamiya from the early 1970's. I have a few more, but they are in poor condition in need of "restoration."

Return to “Tanks”