Re: help me please!!!!

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
madforce
Recruit

help me please!!!!

Post by madforce »

can anyone tell me how to test the ir circuit on the rx18 board. yesterdayi tested to tanks bothe with rx18 boards and hl ir battle units. 1 would send but not recieve a hit, but the other worked fine. today mr postman gave me a new hl ir unit, i plugged it in and now neither tanks respond to hits. movement, sound and all other functions are ok,just no ir.
  please help before i have no hair left lol.
shoot first......ask questions later
The Blitz
Lance Corporal

Post by The Blitz »

We need pictures of your connection points! If you have a digital camera you can put it in video mode and record the IR shot and it should show up in the recording!

The Blitz
RCTankWars.com
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just a long shot (excuse the pun) as although I have an HL IR kitted Jagdpanther I haven't yet used it.

1. Is the battery fully charged.
2. How are you firing, is it via the left stick or the fire button.
3. My Elmod can be tested using a tv remote, maybe the HL IR will respond the same way.

If all else fails, remove the top hull and check that all of the plugs are still in their sockets, and that no wires have come loose from either the led emitter, or the base of the receiver.

Also, try testing in a darkened room, just in case there is a light source somewhere that is corrupting the signals.

It looks like only one tank is faulty, so you could try swapping the RX18 boards over and see if the problem appears on the other tank. If it does then you know that it is the board and not the IR circuitry that is at fault. The good news is that all the parts are relatively cheap!

Rob G
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
madforce
Recruit

Post by madforce »

hi guys,   
          thanks for your input, ended up having to change the emmiter, then hay presto it worked. having a fresh look today and worked
          it out in minutes, typical. ;D
                                                  martin
shoot first......ask questions later
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

Martin glad to here you got your problem with the emitter sorted

Return to “Heng Long”