BERLIN BUSTER T34/85 'BEDSPRING'

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: BERLIN BUSTER T34/85 'BEDSPRING'

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Ya know the old legend of smokers that give up, only to be put back on it by those around them because they just cant relax ??

Clean tank table........................................ :problem:

"For ^&%$@# sake, go and start that tank, your just lingering"

:/ :{ You sure darling, Im off tomorrow remember !!!!!

"SURE ??............do you want me to call my mum & ask HER if you need to calm down ?"

So................. 8)
Attachments
PC280063 (2).JPG
PC280062 (2).JPG
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Is this so you can go into battle with kaisers bed Spring IS :D
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I almost called this off & built an example of an anti aircraft platform the Germans made out of a T-34 chassis.
The gun stopped me short though, Im just not good enough to conjour up a Flackveirling 37 in a hurry :/ :/

Besides, I have had a roll of bronze mesh for this build for over 5 months now, so best be using it lest it becomes an adornment for my deriere !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman,
Take care at work! Following along.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks Squire
Ive been doing a bit of googling on the suspension height for these '85's & the H/L version sits too high(as everyone mentions) but just what is the right height ?
Most opinion is that the model needs 3mm or 1/8th" inserting into the curved slot that the suspension arm travels in, but this would only equate to 48mm on a real tank.................. :S :S
Just doesn't seem enough.
To only drop a real tank by 48mm, or if one was riding high by 48mm, I cant see it making a big difference.

If I wanted the actual dimensions of a Tiger 1 = no problem, but a T34/85 = not so much detailed info.
I will try the 3mm when I can & see how it looks.
Some period pictures show the arms sitting at 90deg to the hull, and an H/L would need a lot more spacer in the groove to make the arms sit at 90deg than 3mm. This is loaded and perhaps on a slope.
From what I can see in my minds eye from mucking around before I left, it would need at least a third of the groove filled, say 6mm(1/4") ? (I rang the Mrs today to ask how long the suspension arm slots were !=20mm vertical)
Any direction gladly accepted :thumbup:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning, Herman,
Phil has an excellent HL T-34 build on here where he demonstrates the use of the spacer material to drop the suspension ride height on the tank. Some of the images are gone due to age of the thread but the ones concerning his brilliant suspension correction are still there.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11654
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I did have a look at this mate, I even posted way back - when in it !!

Shame the pics have lapsed, but the ones that remain are proof enough he is all over it .

There are line drawings around , of the suspension set up, but no actual dimensions showing the relation of the arms to the hull pan, so, in lieu of any harder evidence, I will go with the 3 or so mm. No place for me to doubt Mr Phil ;)
I am confident of getting the engine vent hatch off, for what I dont know(oiling the gearboxes I suppose) but the hinging might be a mission.
This being my first Russian tank, its all a bit of a learning curve. There's no instictive knowlege at all :problem:
I guess being fresh out of a beaten STuG, this thing being an end-of-war slogger might be the same kind of condition.
The pictures of Berlin-entry Soviet AFV's are all consistent with the visually worn out look of machines being pushed to the point of failure.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I'm back.................been home all of an hour.
Shower, Sh#t, and Shave !!............and tank :think: , oh, and like "Father Jack" would say .....DRIIIINK !! :thumbup:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Got some progress today after a night of re-integration !

Removed the mudguard sections on the front & mowed off the remnants down to just proud of the armour.
Ground the auxiliary fuel tank locating tags out of the mounting frames & fitted them all. As the bedspring screen will be obstructed by the tanks, these will not be fitted, but the mount bases will remain.

Hacked the moulded mesh out of the rear engine cover, dressed the inside & secured the P/E mesh. Added a bit of wear & tear.
It was pretty easy to get off, but the hinges are proving A BIT of a pain.

Also removed the moulded lines to the smoke fluid drums on the rear, as well as the moulded handle on the trans cover.

Added all the kit tow hooks, handles and lashing rings, which I maust say went on really well.
There sure are a lot of factory holes in these T34/85's so makes smart to use the bits for the holes where possible. :eh:

Got the suspension spacer/lowering devices cut & placed. 3mm tube used & held in place with epoxy.
Attachments
PC310118.JPG
PC310117.JPG
PC310116.JPG
P1130151.JPG
P1130152.JPG
P1130150.JPG
P1010147.JPG
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HERMAN BIX wrote:I'm back.................been home all of an hour.
Shower, Sh#t, and Shave !!............and tank :think: , oh, and like "Father Jack" would say .....DRIIIINK !! :thumbup:
What?....
Spoiler: show
No Stripping for the Little Woman???????????????? :O
:haha: :haha:

ALPHA

Return to “Heng Long Builds”