1/6th Jagdpanther Design

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
FireFly65
Recruit

Re: 1/6th Jagdpanther Design

Post by FireFly65 »

I am working on a panzer2c i was wondering if anyone is making metal tracks
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Put into UK money, $2000 is around £1400, which is an amazing price for anyone wanting 1/6 scale. You will undercut the current major players by a significant margin at that price. All the best with this project. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

The difference will always be quality, Armortek is not a competitor but the experts. But large scale armor,RC armor is possible for less. After all were modelers at the end of the day. So I feel that guys who want and need to use more creative means and labor should be able to enjoy a fine example of their favorite tanks.

If anyone can place a Metal / abs hull in their work area for 1000.00 us dollars,then why not through creative detailing be able to achieve a completed tank for 2000.00us dollars?

Lets be clear,metal tracks alone are 2000.00us but nylon tracks or plastic tracks work on lighter hulls with less weight to support, better drive and sprockets which slow the wear and a smoother suspension will extend the track life.

Were talking the basic H/L Tank here in 1/6th,but many of us began just so in 1/16th. I did with my Tiger. So why should this not be possible in large scale? I know it is, Now many more dollars may go into the tank over time,just like in 1/16 with the basic H/L but once you have a large scale Tank,thats the key to long term detailing and enjoyment.

My goal remains to make that possible for as many Hobbyist as I can. Watch FOA Guys, Loic is growing his parts line daily. Using new materials and techniques parts are being created using MAKERBOT technology and LASER cutting Technology WHICH REDUCES cost and weight to allow for some really great opportunities for the modeling community.

My goal remains to support this effort, and to create as many low cost hull options as possible. Also watch Christian,a brilliant craftsmen, who may well surprise many of as he often has done.

cheers for now,

Blake
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Blake,
This is encouraging news. Following along!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Long Road to travel,many lessons along the way, growth though does not come easy,Field of Armor seems to be learning as well and growing.

Ludwigs has also ventured into 1/6th scale. The problem for us builders / modelers will always be the detail parts.Hull fabrication is becoming easier and less costly,laser jet and water jet services becoming more accessible driving down the cost and raising the options for armor modelers.

I wrote in 2011 this was possible and I could prove it,design a Jagdpanther based on Randy Killins original bend and fold design,adding my suspension design and a basic widow motor drive,.

Developed through three more hulls the auto tension system,for track life and better maneuverability.Multiple drives have been used with the final drive being chain,belt right angle and finally a combination of the best components.

The problem remains of either proving designs or retaining control of your designs,once presented the control becomes the person with the largest wallet. Proving that a mobile strong hull could be constructed for 2000.00 cost many times that in design work,test parts and development. At times working with FOA and others to try and prove the manufacturing technique to my design principle was sound both economically and to physically manufacture. Other having a different view and the results becoming some of the products available today.

Yet the final result I wish to achieve remains ,the ability for anyone to purchase a set of plans from which laser cut files,parts sources,assembly instructions will allow the hobbyist to construct their "BLANK CANVAS" and over time detail the 1/6th scale tank the want and desire to build.

The process continues....
edpanzer
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by edpanzer »

How's it coming along Blake?
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Side tracked designing a 1/6TH Scale King Tiger for a client,and now finished. I have the Jagdpanther in my new shop ,and just received a FOA-Tiger 1 RC Kit. Now to get life out of the way to enjoy building all the kits and parts I have accumulated.

The Japanther has not really moved forward but backwards. While moving the tank was knocked off the temp stand and fell,some damage being done to the front fenders,and the rear deck. Hopefully Saturday will see me in my shop and Happy as I sure need a break.

I also received the 1/6th Icon cast 88 gun breech to modify into a recoiling barrel and breach unit. But my time remains the major issue.

Meaning no time for my Hobby.LOL (Which really is not funny but sucks)

cheers Blake
88 gun breech assembly cast in resin
88 gun breech assembly cast in resin
FOA Tiger 1 Kit 012.JPG
FOA-Tanks Tiger 1 RC Kit
FOA-Tanks Tiger 1 RC Kit
edpanzer
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by edpanzer »

Any progress on the jag Blake?