Introducing my King Tiger Torro

98Octane
Recruit

Introducing my King Tiger Torro

Post by 98Octane »

Hi everybody, here is my King TIger. It's a full metal-f*** heavy-King Tiger Torro. The original electronics went to trash, together with the smoke machine, the battle system and the original transmission gears (destroyed after few hours). Now the core is an IBU 2 + TPA stereo sound module + 2 speakers Visaton (8 and 5.5 cm) and the gears are the upgraded version in real steel instead of the horrible zama. As IR battle system I went for an Impact module (transmission sensor included). It works very well. The tank works with a 2S LiPo 5000 mAh battery. With a couple of them I can go on literally all day long. I also weathered as far as I could the hull. Please, at least appreciate the good will :/ . I will add later a photo of the internal view. The first thing you will notice probably is the jungle of wires :D . The second, the speakers.
Hope you like my dirty baby ;). Ciao
Massimo
jeman
Corporal

Re: Introducing my King Tiger Torro

Post by jeman »

That's soooo nice ! Looks great and the work you've done to it is fantastic.....I've just got a full Metal upgrade tiger and must say I'm really pleased with it....looking at doing the speaker upgrade and more :D Like the look of your place/club to try the brute out

:clap: :clap: :clap:
98Octane
Recruit

Post by 98Octane »

:) Thank you scalawag and everybody. About the weathering, I'm not an expert and there is much more to do to make my tank cooler but what I have clear in mind is that I want a tank dirty but not eaten by rust, like it was abandoned for 30 years after the war. And the story tells that the King Tiger was built during the last year of war. So, considered this and considered how easily it had problems even without participating a battle :crazy: , King Tigers in that last year of war never saw rust :D .
Here is a photo of the hull. I used some 3 mm forex to build some sort of box, with a groove for the battery and the wires. Then I added felt to insonorize the bottom and the sides of the hull and the interior of the box. It won't respect the golden "how to" roles to build a good speaker but for sure it improved greatly the sound. Unfortunately the turret partially covers the two air intakes from where the sounds come out and this is something I cannot solve. What I could do, instead, was increasing the volume with a freeware software named Audacity. Not bad 8) ;)
Ciao, seeya :thumbup:
ps. any suggestion is more than welcome. I'm here to learn.

Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Great tank :thumbup:

Are those pictures from the model expo?

For more volume you could use a 3s lipo this pushes the TPA up to 10w per channel. Or if your finding its not get louder check to make sure the speakers are securely fixed in place, because if your support is moving your wasting the energy.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
Swamprat33
Lance Corporal

Post by Swamprat33 »

i really like that play area :-)
1/6 Armortek Panther ausf.G
1/6 Armortek Panzer III ausf.J
1/6 Type 82 Funkwagen
1/6 Sdkfz 250/9
1/6 Sdkfz 2 Kettenkrad
98Octane
Recruit

Post by 98Octane »

Thank you for the "great tank". What can I say, photoshop is greater :haha:.
The third, the fourth and the last photo, were shot in a private field indoor that a "colleague" built in his countryside house. The others, yes, from the Hobby Model Expo 2015 and 2014. From the tanks perspective it's an event growing year by year thanks to us, Carrirc.com and Rctank.it + special guests like the 1/6 tanks addicted. I know, I'm going off-topic but considered that every year we have more space and more support form the organization, we are planning to create the opportunity for "cultural/tanks-oriented events" above and beyond the Channel. It would be great ;) .
About the sound, The TPA could do it but as far as I know, the IBU 2 base can't go 3S. Anyway, once in position and with the tank closed the box is blocked. Just I can't call it speaker :D .

Massimo :thumbup:

Return to “King Tiger”