HENG LONG / TAIGEN TIGER

jeman
Corporal

HENG LONG / TAIGEN TIGER

Post by jeman »

Hi all.....a few pics of my Taigen Tiger....had it a few days...fitted black steel gear boxes and some hull strengthening :) it's a full metal upgrade with metal wheels, turret, barrel, tracks and a few more little bits.....weighs a tad over 7KG. It did have the white metal gearboxes, but I kinda thought they would go at some stage....so replaced them with good old steel ones. It has the torsion bar /metal chassis.
Cheers
jeman
Corporal

Re: HENG LONG / TAIGEN TIGER

Post by jeman »

Ha Ha Tanks Kaiser....it's a great forum with people more than willing to share and help.....and I've appreciated it. I did see about the Hull smoke launchers on another post.....so I've removed them lol. The Gerry cans have been changed also as I wasn't happy with the way they were fitted. I must say I'm very impressed with the Taigen Tiger....although I'm sure the painting is not historically correct along with parts of the tank......but I luv the way it looks and drives. The 4.1 black steel gear boxes have made a difference and it now turns on a penny on the Lawn no problem.....the white metal ones that came with the tank did strip out.......:). Any advice guys please let me know
Cheers
Mark
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

The camo job doesn't look too bad some weathering would really bring it out better. But the paint work on the exhaust shields aren't very good you'll want to redo them before doing the weathering. But all in all its not a bad looking tank and I know its a great runner as its basicly like 2 of mine.
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

Cheers guys......totally agree with the rear exhaust shields......I'm a bit worried on doing the parting of fenders as I don't won't to balls it up.....how do I start lol
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Mark Hi. to seperate the side fenders you will need "A ROLL OF DUCT/DUCK TAPE and an EXACTO MICRO SAW"
Tape down each side of the fender join lines so that there is only a micro saw blades width free between them,
You are only trying to show that the fenders are seperate you are NOT trying to saw them off!!!
Then saw up to the side of the Tank body along those lines, REMEMBER! DUCT/DUCK TAPE NOT MASKING TAPE.
When cutting/sawing /filing or any other abrading on the Tank you should cover the surrounding area with this tape it will save an awful lot of bad language! :thumbup: shaun
Last edited by jarndice on Wed May 06, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

KAISER I hope you will forgive me, I agree that the DREMEL should be part of any Tank builders tool kit,
BUT as with drilling holes in a Tank there will be times when you need total control over the tool which is why I will sometimes use a PIN VISE or in this case an EXACTO SAW,
If MARK makes a mistake using the Dremel whilst seperating his Tigers fenders he will wish he had never heard of the Forum, it is a job that in my unworthy opinion should be taken very carefully and under full control :thumbup:
But I would not be able to do my builds without a DREMEL it is just that you have know it's limits.shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

Wow guys.....the information and advice is amazing ! All the advice and links will really help me....BIG TIME :). I'm going to back through my post right now and start studying

Thank you all...:)
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

I've used a razor saw to separate the side skirts because of how thin the saw blade is and you can go slowly as to not cut where you don't want. I'm good with a dremel tool but no way I'd use one to cut them apart.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Oh not doubting you but I'm just not that good. Hope you didn't take my post the wrong way. :{
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

Cheers guys ! Your advice is a real help. I've got a used top/ hull that I will try on first before moving on to the Taigen........lovin it :)

Return to “Tiger I”