Mike Stannard

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
pzrwest
Corporal

Mike Stannard

Post by pzrwest »

Saw this on another forum posted by glueboy

Mike Stannard

I read this on the armortek forum

Re: Mike Stannard

by John Grima » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:56 am

With a heavy heart, I have to write that Mike has passed away several weeks ago from his illness. I was recently contacted and notified this information by an associate of his. I'm surprised that news of his passing has not trickled it's way to the 1/6 newsgroups, being that Mike was a prominent personality in the 1/6 industry. From what I was told there are no plans to continue business and his shop is currently locked down as the rent is past due.

I would just like to add that... Mike was a giant in the hobby, a very helpful and pleasurable person to communicate with, and who's eye for detail reflected in his offering which were / are second to none. He has left some big shoes to fill, and all of us in the hobby owe him thanks for the work he was able to contribute through the years. He will be sourly missed by all who have met or ever associated with him. My thoughts go out to his wife and family. May he rest in Peace...farewell.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

ALPHA
SovereignZuul
Corporal

Post by SovereignZuul »

Mike was an amazing craftsman and helped many improve their models with first class goods on Armortek forum. His health problems were known but it's is truly a shame it resulted in his passing. :'(
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

this is a great loss to the hobby, RIP Mike

Return to “Larger Scale Military”