from russia the akula

This section is for all of you who want to talk about RC boats, warships etc.
cannedheat

from russia the akula

Post by cannedheat »

saw a Russian akula sub in action over the weekend impressive as the boat,tank show was I have to say that the boat that stole the show was a mr hugills, akula there was some fine boats ships there but this alongside a typhoon class sub was something the typhoon, never hit the water but the akula did its deck awash, a very nice sub ...wot wot
tomhugill
Captain

Re: from russia the akula

Post by tomhugill »

Cheers canned, I'm sorry it was such a short run. Was a day filled with technical gremlins, however I shall hopefully get it sorted soon. I have some plans for getting the akula properly detailed and painted....watch this space!
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Tonight I gave her some much needed maintenance. Cleaned and lubricated the propshaft and the sealing gland. Setup the gland tightness as per chris instructions. Reset the gyro so the rear planes are working better now. Fingers crossed she runs well at the next boat meet!
TKcommander
Corporal

Post by TKcommander »

The boat show! A number of missed opportunities for me! :(

The sub is mighty fine Mr Hugill, a shame I missed it in action, at that time my son was hassling me to have another go on the battlefield. I warned him he would miss the Akula but to no avail. :(

I also did not realise I was in the presence of the esteemed sherminator Cannedheat, had I known I would have tried harder to introduce myself as I have many questions on my M4 rebuild. I hope next time our paths cross I shall have more time to be polite. :(
TKcommander ~ Andy
"I'm a BAD LAD!"
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

tom
was thinking a nice pink colour and pokerdots for a paint job ? don't suppose you could get it balanced to put the old camera on for a deck awash vid with a burning ship wreck in fore ground ........wot wot ....... next time tk ......

Return to “RC Boats / Ships”