DAK Painting Guide

This board contains guides to painting and weathering, please post your tips, tricks and tutorials here.
Mackem
Staff Sergeant

DAK Painting Guide

Post by Mackem »

Superb tutorial on painting/filtering/detailing the dark yellow base colour commonly used on German armour.

http://web.mac.com/ethandunsford/DAK2/DAK_PAINTING_GUIDE.html

Cheers
John
HE/HL Leopard 2-A5, HL Pz IV-F1, HL Jagdpanther (WIP), M26A1 Pershing (WIP), HL Pz III M (WIP), Bandai Hummel (WIP)
STEINER
Sergeant

Re: DAK Painting Guide

Post by STEINER »

Thats an excellent Guide John. I have read it before on another forum. Its interesting because water colours are used in the use of filters/washes.
Do you realize how much I hate this uniform and all it stands for. ( Cross of Iron )
Mackem
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mackem »

That's what I liked about it. If you mess up with water colours you just wash it off and start again.  ;D

John
HE/HL Leopard 2-A5, HL Pz IV-F1, HL Jagdpanther (WIP), M26A1 Pershing (WIP), HL Pz III M (WIP), Bandai Hummel (WIP)
Wizzard033
Corporal

Post by Wizzard033 »

Great guide! I used your technique on my HL Tiger with good results. :thumbup: My colors varied slightly but I'm happy with my results and I can see lots of room to improve my own skills.

You mentioned using pastels in the final stages of your detailing but I'm not sure of how to apply them. The wash techniques I have used before in more basic applications so knew where to start but not so with these pastels. DO you need to 'seal' the pastels/washes afterwards on these applications? :think:

I was also looking for detailing tips. I have painted some detail work with miniatures but I'm sure there's a lot to be learned :eh:

here's a pic of my work under your tutelage
ImageImage
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The link to the DAK Painting guide is no longer active, to gain access to the site you should input the following, http://www.desertarmor.com/DAK2/DAK_PAINTING_GUIDE.html
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Painting and Weathering”