WIRING DIAGRAMS FOR HENG LONG TANKS

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
Saxondog
Captain

WIRING DIAGRAMS FOR HENG LONG TANKS

Post by Saxondog »

These may be helpful,they are accurate for most smoke and sound tanks.
Trouble shooting 8-pin cinnector
Trouble shooting 8-pin cinnector
8-PIN WIRING COLOR GUIDE
8-PIN WIRING COLOR GUIDE
DETAIL OF RX18 PIN DETAIL
DETAIL OF RX18 PIN DETAIL
RX18 MFU PUG DETAIL
RX18 MFU PUG DETAIL
ruben2005
Sergeant

Re: WIRING DIAGRAMS FOR HENG LONG TANKS

Post by ruben2005 »

great post mate saves looking around internet for these many thanks
fetch me the kitty's lets go to war
mroberts1999
Recruit

Post by mroberts1999 »

Thanks alot.
nyleatherneck
Recruit

Post by nyleatherneck »

Can someone please explain what the pins on connectors 2 & 3 actually do? I understand B+ and B- but what does HBU sig do? How about the pin labeled Strobe on CN3?
Thanks
carl
For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force
Private

Post by B.A.D.A.S.S.Force »

nyleatherneck wrote:Can someone please explain what the pins on connectors 2 & 3 actually do? I understand B+ and B- but what does HBU sig do? How about the pin labeled Strobe on CN3?
Thanks
carl
Hope I'm getting all this right, & I'm sure someone will quickly correct me if what I say is misleading, but ...

The Heng Long tanks that battle using IR have what is called the HBU, or I believe Heng Long Battle Unit. It is a sensor (some times called the "apple") that sits on top of the HL tank to receive IR signals when other tanks shoot at it during IR battles.

The HBU has 3 connector pins on it ... negative, positive, & the signal. The 3 pins labeled on CN2 with the "HBU" are connected to those HBU apple pins.

I'm a little more certain with what I said about the HBU then what I'm going to surmise with the Strobe on CN3, but here goes ...

The HL tanks have an extra that can be added, called a High Intensity Flash (HIF) unit that stores electricity & emits a high intensity light flash from an LED when firing a tank's main gun. The HIF unit will connect to those 5 pins on CN3, the Strobe pin is the trigger, that when the tank's main gun fires, the HIF unit has a switch which shorts the trigger with the positive to complete the circuit & make the LED bright flash go off.

~ Craig ~
(¯`·._.·´¯`·._ ? B.A.D.A.S.S. F?rce Club F?under ? _.·´¯`·._.·´¯)
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

That's my understanding as well. Apart from the high intensity flash is not LED it is like a camera flash. There is also a LED flash but that is wired differently and simply lights up at the right time.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
DirtyHarry82
Recruit

Post by DirtyHarry82 »

Missed this first go-round on the search. Definitely help on diagnosis. Could be Tx, could be MFU.. No time tho.
siegfried
Lance Corporal

Post by siegfried »

Great stuff, big help and clear pictures, explanation, I learned something, cheers.

Return to “Tips and Tricks”