HELP ! metal wheel upgrade, which one ?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jeman
Corporal

HELP ! metal wheel upgrade, which one ?

Post by jeman »

Hi all !
Im looking at buying metal wheels for my tiger 1 that i recently got on ebay, but im not sure if its a late or mid tiger ?????????????? The wheels on it at the moment are smooth with nothing other than the middle nut............any help would be great !
Cheers
Mark
FreakyDude
Corporal

Re: HELP ! metal wheel upgrade, which one ?

Post by FreakyDude »

well your going to be forced more or less to buy wheels that fit your particular Tiger. You don't say what brand of product it is. I for one can tell you that tamiya wheels don't fit on HL etc, etc, etc.
what kind of Tiger you want would be the second question, personally I like the mid to late Tigers but that is just me.
willing to bet that you bought a heng long though in which case the late tiger is easier to model. ;)
A Joke is a very serious thing
Winston Churchill
jonger
Lance Corporal

Post by jonger »

It really depends on what you want it to look like, early tigers have the wheels with a black rubber tyre round the outside, late tigers have the all metal wheels and don't have the outer row of wheels, mid tigers can have either sets of wheels so you can really decide to go which ever way you want, as you have brought an existing tank you need to compare it to early, mid and late models to see which matches your model.
Jonger
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

Thanks very much for the advice guys ! Sorry i should have said that its a Heng Long Tiger 1 with asiatam metal hull............i shall now take time to decide if i should go for late or mid !
cheers
Mark
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

Thanks very much for the advice guys ! Sorry i should have said that its a Heng Long Tiger 1 with asiatam metal hull............i shall now take time to decide if i should go for late or mid !
cheers
Mark

Return to “General Questions”