Clark Models operating systems CSCII

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
Saxondog
Captain

Clark Models operating systems CSCII

Post by Saxondog »

In researching an older post I found a link to Clark Models,I had forgotten the earlier systems they offered and seems they have evolved,this may not be the most current release of this information,but it is news just the same.

Seems they have a New system posted on their site that has many of the control features we seek,Clark Models was posted in a 2009 thread titled H/L verse ElMod.

Seems Clark has come a long way since that time and perhaps their products deserve a fresh look and evaluation.
http://www.clark-model.com/eng/index_e.html

I have asked customer service for information on products compatible with 1/16 scale,and systems that either replace RX18 and the H/L I/R systems or work with those systems.

I will post a follow up report on Clark Models and their systems.
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
Saxondog
Captain

Re: Clark Models operating systems CSCII

Post by Saxondog »

Clark has replied and it seems they are working to design a system that allows Heng Long and Tamiya I/R systems to work together,we spoke further as the second message has a list of functional questions they wish us to answer with specific data.

From Clark-
As you may know our electronics are mainly designed for our 1/35 RC tanks, in order to suppot Heavier 1/16, an exteranl twin-motor ESC (T-01, sabortooth..) is required.

LNS has Throttle and Rudder signal to drive it. Our Sherman( on PROJECT page) and Gepard that we are going to release can be the reference. We know it's not to easy to use, we once shipped two systems to UK but seems my customer can not make them work correctly, So far we have no plan to build new H/W dedicated for 1/16 for now, although many distributors & agents asked us to build it but no one can really place order with us.

Currently, CSCII support TAMIYA 1/16 ,1/35 and VStank IR battle code and can use TAMIYA and VSTank IR battle receiver and transmiiter directly, it should be OK to us to support HL battle system, just some F/W modification is required.

Let me know if any question and anything I can help.

Regards,
Clark
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

This is the second message from Clark,their systems can be used,and they have asked us to return some specific data,

Thanks Blake, I have the stuff for development and I have few questions,

-it seems to me that you want to use I/R system H/W on HL tank, but use Tamiya IR battle protocol that our system provide, right?

-How about HL muzzle flash module, required or not, or would just a cheaper & high brightness LED works?

-Is Gun barrel recoil design(by servo) meet your requirement? new F/W(see LNSII page we just updated yesterday) will support quick backword , slow forward movement.

-Smoke device is needed or not?

-Are their Any features you seek are not supported by our system yet?

REgards,
Clark
mustclime
Sergeant

Post by mustclime »

Imo, you should show them the dbu,dbu2 and dbu3 systems that piggyback on the hl control unit and see if they can top it/ improve it..The slu system would be another option ( from what I have seen its a upgraded unit over the stock hl unit that has tamiya compadabilty and a much better sound card)....As someone That is upgrading HL tanks rather than getting well worked out tamiya tanks, price is a issue. I have a HL kt that I battle with that has the dbu2, a hobby radio, 3:1 gears for a total of $450 bucks.....It will run with the tamiyas...and it smokes :haha:

My e50 will come in around $550 but it is going to have 400 motors and a bendi sound card with a sony speaker..... Give me the option to get a panther or m26 up and running with a upgraded sound card and speaker for less money and I will be buying it.

Return to “Hobby News”