My 1/6th RC DML DAK Kubelwagen a WIP

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
pzrwest
Corporal

My 1/6th RC DML DAK Kubelwagen a WIP

Post by pzrwest »

Well Earl of Earl's Treasures' DML DAK Kubelwagen is done and he picked it up this afternoon. I have turned my attention to building my DML DAK Kubelwagen, and decided to make it RC as well. Here are a few pics of the kubel with the RC gear and motor and steering in place.. Did a test run on the floor and runs very smooth. Will post pics as the build progresses. Of course comments are welcomed.... Harold
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Re: My 1/6th RC DML DAK Kubelwagen a WIP

Post by mcevoyi »

will watch with great interest ..

love what your up to !
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Very cool as always, I have a 1/6 scale SchwimmWAGEN and have considered conversion to RC. i don't recall if you have converted one of these or not? Any suggestions?
Swimmwagen Heer 004.JPG
Regards Blake
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

Haven't had one of those in my grubby little paws yet. If I was to get a Schwimm it would be a DML one and a kit over the prebuilt. Put a 21C schwimm beside the DML one and the difference is a clear as night and day
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

I did not know that,this one was just sitting at the local shop and I paid 15.00 for it. Thought it would go well with my Tiger. Would much rather have a Kubelwagen. sax
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

Just camo it and load it down with figures and gear then drape it with some camo netting or leafy branches and will hardly notice it. The wheels should be replaced though. Still even though it's a 21C still better than haveing no Schwimm
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

hi there pzrwest

what gearbox / motor have you uesd ..as i would like to try to to the same to a m-151 mutt in 1/6th

iain
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

Well actually I can't remember what car and maker it came from. My son gave me an old rc car whitout a transmitter so I stripped it for parts and tossed everything but the motor/gearbox unit. Is a mutt the same as a jeep? You can pick up a traxxas revo differential on evil bay put it in the rear then run a drive shaft to the motor under the hood. A good source for a motor/panetary gearbox is an old rechargeable screwdriver
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

Update:
Here I have tidied up the radio section.
The next pics show the modification I did to the front wheels so they turn freely with less wobble. The hubcap will be held on with double sided tape to give access to the wheel nuts so axels can be lubed periodically.
as always comments welcomed.... Harold
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

looking god the Harold. A nice build

Return to “Larger Scale Military”