Finally arrived in the Shed/Workshop

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Dandare01
Lance Corporal

Finally arrived in the Shed/Workshop

Post by Dandare01 »

Many thanks to Dave at Blitzkrieg Armour for enabling me to pop my 1/6th tank build cherry, on one of his fine models (well actually 2, but thats another story), and today temperatures raised in the positive a whole 4 degrees centigrade (I appriciate for some of you these may well be warm temperatures, but for my poor circulation its just manageable :)) so with the help of a few friends model one made it into the shed.

As you can see the troops are more than happy to help ;D

Not only with the logistics but hands on mechanical help to

And even on down time Hugo tried to do a Cher thing

I'm obviously not in the same league as you chaps out there but I shall be updating as I go and any advise would be gratefully recieved.
FireflyKeith
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Finally arrived in the Shed/Workshop

Post by FireflyKeith »

This looks like it will be a good build to watch, so keep the pics coming :thumbup: also when you have finished with them blokes send them over my way and they can finish my KT :haha:

Keith 8)
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

like it alot great pictures, especially the one with the legs sticking out of the hatch
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

very nice , i second what brel said, lol
Dandare01
Lance Corporal

Post by Dandare01 »

Well the weather has thrown another spanner in the works, it's just dropped below zero in the shed brrrrrrrrrr to cold and 4 inch of snow, amazing how it was so nice yesterday and then a complete 180, ah well, yes the pictures will keep coming, I like to add a little humour to my pictures :haha:

Your kind words are most appriciated, as is any advice.
madrob
Private

Post by madrob »

Ive seriously got to get a 1/6th tank
Dandare01
Lance Corporal

Post by Dandare01 »

I've managed to get a little more time in the shed and installed the basic electrics, and it has ran under it's own power

I've also had the return roller modified by Skippy (he has a lathe) to helps it run, I've applied some more tension to the tracks as they come, very slack.

I've also put the first coat of red oxide on the mantle and etch primed the barrel, then the lads came out

Dandare01
Lance Corporal

Post by Dandare01 »

Well I got some more time in the shed, and I thought time to look in the box of white metal bits

Generally not bad castings, not as much filing needed as I first imagined so I placed some of these to check what I actually had.

I have fixed some of the white metal bits so it's now starting to look like a tank killer

Please forgive the pictures but in the enclosed space I have its hard to keep out of the light.
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

It is looking better all the time
Dandare01
Lance Corporal

Post by Dandare01 »

Sunday before visiting my Mother I had another hour or so to kill, so I snuck off into the shed and build up the remote mg mount, and as soon as I got back, (later that evening) I raided the action figure box and found a armoured mg34, and round ammo carrier, so I popped into the shed and loose fitted it to the Hetzer.

I don't know where the lads were, I assume down the pub. The pictures are off the mobile phone I'm afraid.
Last edited by Dandare01 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Larger Scale Military”