A LEGEND IN MINIATURE

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

A LEGEND IN MINIATURE

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Taking advantage of pre ordering, I just got hold of a magical 16th scale Otto Carius figure from Takom out of BNA Modelworld.
I plan to get him into a Hobby Boss T1 that is a static which is in dire need of TLC.
Im getting 2 HB T1's to roll into one for $100 so no great heartache to spend the time on to get looking ok.

I also have an actual hand signed picture that Mr Carius penned some years ago that was sadly shoved into an old book with little regard for its provenance & was accidentally rediscovered & not wanted by its owner.
There are 2 of these pictures that were signed by Mr Carius in his pharmacy years ago during a visit by an interested traveler, not the person I got it off though.
Amazing to have it here & I intend to show due respect to the Late Mans image and historical significance in some small way at least.

Makes me quite nervous to paint it when the time comes.

IMG_3543.jpeg
IMG_3543.jpeg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 190 times
IMG_3545.jpeg
IMG_3545.jpeg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 190 times
IMG_3544.jpeg
IMG_3544.jpeg (2.41 MiB) Viewed 190 times
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: A LEGEND IN MINIATURE

Post by Jimster »

That’s awesome! He’s my favorite tank commander.
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Re: A LEGEND IN MINIATURE

Post by Panzermechaniker »

I've read his "Tigers In The Mud" 3 times now. I pick up more detail and insights each time. Great book and an amazing panzer commander. That should be a cool project.

Return to “General Discussion”