Price Range for Torro and Heng Long?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Mithras
Corporal

Price Range for Torro and Heng Long?

Post by Mithras »

Hiya, gang:

So, here in the US tanks from Torro and Heng Long are priced all over the place. I was just wondering what I should expect to pay so that I don't end up overpaying, or alternatively ending up with a deal that's "too good to be true."

Thanks!

-M.
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Re: Price Range for Torro and Heng Long?

Post by ColemanCollector »

Taigen and Torro tanks, while they may look like HL tanks, have metal hulls and torsion bar suspensions so are much costlier than the plastic hulled HL's. I don't drive my tanks very hard so plastic hulls are fine by me.
Even then, you'll find some big price differences from different suppliers for the same tank so do you shopping, and most of all make sure you are getting what you expect. For example HL offers "metal" and "steel" gearboxes. Steel is steel, but metal means cast white metal so no where near as durable and precisely made as the steel gears. The cheapest are their plastic gears. Quieter than metal and if you run house floors and short grass, probably just fine.
Toucan Hooby has some good sales at times.
Mike.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Coleman summed up the price differences/reasons between Taigen/Torro and Heng Long 1/16 RC Tanks.

As well there are price differences within the different company's "Levels" of offerings.

Taigen/Torro offer either IR equipped Or BB. Not both. They also offer plastic versions to their "full metal" which in reality is about 75% metal, the only plastic parts being the upper hull and rear panel. They also offer different models unpainted as well as in kit form. Their prices are between $275 to $630.

Heng Long has several different levels from entry level very affordable about $100 All Plastic to about $350 for their "Pro or Professional Version" which depending on the model tank offers different things metal but never as much metal as a Taigen/Torro and until recently with the Merkava, Heng Long didn't offer a torsion bar suspension.

Heng Long Tanks now come with Both IR battle capabilities And airsoft spring BB cannon.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

Understood. Thank you kindly for the assist! That helps. The price ranges are quite wonky.... everything from the 150-ish range on up to 1,000 or more, and I suspected some were overcharging or suspiciously underpricing.
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

ColemanCollector and Mr. Chef both have it right. See my response to "Some very Newbish/Rookie/Possibly Naive Questions" with some URLs for German sellers. Shipping to the US is always costly, so I do the "smart" thing ( :lolno: ): I wait to make a big order for a tank and various figures and parts all at once. Boy do I ever save money that way! :headbang:

In my browser, over the past decade or so, I must have gathered over fifty bookmarks for RC tanks and RC-tank-related web sites. If anyone knows how I can share them, I would be happy to do so.
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Mithras,

Being that you are in the US like me here are the Go To dealers where the service is good/reliable and average market price IE current baseline pricing. You may find them more expensive or less on Ebay or Aliexpress etc, from other dealers but the following I will list are The dealers to trust-

Oh and just FYI I forgot to mention that Taigen and Torro are exactly the same product just different name.

Taigen Tanks/Imex

https://www.taigentanks.com/

Taigen/Imex parent company name is the US distributor for Taigen tanks and parts.

ToucanRC

https://www.toucanhobby.com/

Toucan is THE Heng Long Distributor. They are in China but have US based warehouses and ship within the US. Be sure if ordering from them to choose "US Stock" for US items. If you order from China it may take a good amount of time to ship and get here as well shipping cost may be very expensive. But these guys also run Ebay auctions where you can get some very good deals.

Motion RC

https://www.motionrc.com/

Motion sells Heng Long as well as Torro. Shipping is Free in the US for purchases over $100. Which is any tank you can get from hem.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

MrChef: I have never bought from MotionRC: has that gone well for you?
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

In the US I've bought Taigen/Torro tanks from www.motionrc.com as they are free shipping. No issues with Motion.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
MrChef

Post by MrChef »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:37 am MrChef: I have never bought from MotionRC: has that gone well for you?
Yes multiple times, tanks and parts.

Prices are decent (not Ebay auction prices). Shipping is quick to my door and Free. Shortest ship time was 3 days, longest was 6 days. They've got good customer support and also own and run the Hobbysquawk forum which has Sub forums for all sorts of RC stuff, Planes, Boats, Subs, Buggies, and of course Tanks. Tanks is an active populated forum there.
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:26 am ColemanCollector and Mr. Chef both have it right. See my response to "Some very Newbish/Rookie/Possibly Naive Questions" with some URLs for German sellers. Shipping to the US is always costly, so I do the "smart" thing ( :lolno: ): I wait to make a big order for a tank and various figures and parts all at once. Boy do I ever save money that way! :headbang:

In my browser, over the past decade or so, I must have gathered over fifty bookmarks for RC tanks and RC-tank-related web sites. If anyone knows how I can share them, I would be happy to do so.
Thanks, Doc. I'll check those again:)

Return to “General Questions”