Has anybody got a Taigen V3 board working with Futaba transmitter\receiver

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
gorehound
Private

Has anybody got a Taigen V3 board working with Futaba transmitter\receiver

Post by gorehound »

Hello

I have just got a Taigen V3 board to replace the dead one in my King Tiger - which had the original Taigen board in it. I decided to try the new Taigen v3 board as they said it had better sound and would work also with different transmitters - mine is a Futaba 2.4Ghz setup.

I wired everything up as it should be and most of the functions are now working - tank drives, steers, fires, barrel elevation etc. The only issue I am having is the stop\start of the engine. Taigen say put channel 5 to it with a 2 position switch but it appears to do diddly-squat. With moving the two main sticks about then sound eventually starts but the switch does nothing - it does not stop the engine or start it in the first place :headbang:

Has anybody else managed to get a v3 board working with their Futaba system?

cheers
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Has anybody got a Taigen V3 board working with Futaba transmitter\receiver

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

This will be of little help to you, but at least you know that the problem may not be unique to the Taigen V3/Futaba combination. I have a Multiplex SX-9 Flexx transmitter to operate the SGS Full-Option Module TVC-TRF05-HT8 set up in the Asiatam FAMO I am slowly building (viewtopic.php?f=81&t=33401&p=333076#p333076). The same oddity occurs: the transmitter works will all functions except the start/stop, which seems not to function (except, of course, by the mechanical power switch I installed). Whatever the problem might be, it may have broader application and solution than just the TX/RX you are using.
gorehound
Private

Post by gorehound »

Thank you for the info on that. It is interesting it is not just Futaba it has problems with.

I have made some progress though. I was trying to get it working with my Futaba T14SG radio running an S-FHSS receiver and it was causing the problem. I thought I might try my older T6EX handset with a FASST receiver and it actually worked so my next step is to bind the FASST receiver to my T14SG and try that to see if it will work as I can program that up switch wise to emulate the more basic 6EX setup. Will keep you posted.
gorehound
Private

Post by gorehound »

Hello

Making some progress, well quite a bit actually.

I tried the FASST receiver with my Futaba 14SG and with a bit of config got it working but found that I needed to use Channel 6 as the engine stop\start channel on the v3 board and not channel 5 as the docs on their website suggest. By simply telling the handset to use a simple 2 way switch and push it out on channel 6, hey presto the engine goes off and on as it should. Now I have this working I am going to try and put an old benedini board I have in to do the sounds as I do not really like the V3 sounds that much.

Return to “Other electronics”