Hello from me

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Fantom13
Recruit

Hello from me

Post by Fantom13 »

hi just thought id say hello, was told about site by my good friend adin, dont have a tank yet, hoping to have a HL tiger 1 in the next week or so...unless someone has a better suggestion for a first tank?

spence
If it moves shoot it! If it dont, shoot it ,it might move later!
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Hello from me

Post by fv432 »

Hi spence welcome aboard  ;) ;)

cant go far wrong with the H/Long tiger but be prepared for things to go wrong maybe not day one (hopefully not) but they will either wear and tear or Driver error ::) ::) (been there a few times ::) ::))

once the bug has bitten and it will all i can prescribe is more tanks maybe another H/long or you may feel the need for a tamiya

But the best advice is just enjoy what you have and R/c tanks are like the real thing break down when you least expect it ;) ;)

Kind regards rob
adin
Lance Corporal

Post by adin »

Hi Spence and welcome matey.

Glad to see you made it. What news on the Heng Long? Decided which one yet?

Seriously this is a great forum and I've learn't loads here.  ;D
oztruck
Corporal

Post by oztruck »

Goodday Spence. I agree with what fv432 has said. If they drove the real tanks the same way as we drive the RC tanks they would break as well. Be prepared, have heaps of fun and you will pick up loads of skills along the way. Enjoy your stay
Chris
HL Pershing, HL Bull Dog,HL powered T34/85 IR, HL Tiger 1, HL Pz III, Stug III IR, PzIV, King Tiger, WSN Tiger1 mid IR, T34/85 winter IR, HL Jagpanther IR
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

welcome, thanks for joining us lot!! lol

thanks adin for the kind words, and Rob i total agree ;) ;D ;D ;D

fantom13 i hope you enjoy your time hear and you will mingle with us just fine im sure!

thanks,

Matt
Fantom13
Recruit

Post by Fantom13 »

well many thanks for the warm welcome guys, as of today 16/10/08 i am the pround owner of a HL Tiger 1  :D

now i just need to figure out why it has to be permanantly on full left trim for steering, and why after following the incredibly broken english instruction the smoke stopped bloody working lol

spence
If it moves shoot it! If it dont, shoot it ,it might move later!
adin
Lance Corporal

Post by adin »

Hmm the left trim I'm not too sure about. It maybe that you need to run the gearbox and motors in. Have a look at that link I sent you that was titled "Inside of a Heng Long Tank" or something like that, it has details of running in there.

Failing that one of the guys here may have some ideas.

I think I said to you the other day that I wasn't too impressed with the smoke generator on my tank. Easy to overfill them and also easy to underfill them too. Both actions result in the same thing - no smoke lol.

Anyway I'd better get back to work now lol ;D ;D ;D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”