Help with motors

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Re: Help with motors

Post by Tankbear »

The stock heng long motors will run at 12v but burn out after a while so your best changing them.

To keep things simple it’s best to stick with motors with a 2.3mm shaft diameter. Some 480 motors are but not all, as for larger motors I don’t think any are 2.3mm diameter shaft.

I’ve never used them but Mega Mig 480 3Lixx Race should work, designed to run on 3S lipo (11.1v) and have the shaft size so can use existing pinion gear.

I think Forgebear has some low profile gearboxes which might fit.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Help with motors

Post by 971wright »

Hi you could fit an old type Tamiya gearbox these use 540 motors and clutch to change direction . Should have no problem running it at 12 volts .You can change the final drive shafts to ones you need for the bigger sprockets.
Another option is to fit custom made type gearboxes see link here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tank ... armor.html
he may be able to adapt one of his gearboxes.

regards pete

Return to “General Questions”