Help please....I'm i doing this King tiger Right ?

jeman
Corporal

Help please....I'm i doing this King tiger Right ?

Post by jeman »

Hi all......I've started rusting various parts of the King Tiger, but I'm not sure if it's correct.....is this fairly realistic ? Also it's got metal gearboxes but it struggles to turn on grass.....it has metal tracks, so what are the best motors to run....I was going to but the steel gearboxes. I've added some extra strength to the chassis, and underneath so there's no flexing.....any help and advice would be much appreciated....:). Please see pics
Cheers
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Re: Help please....I'm i doing this King tiger Right ?

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

Looks good dude! Like the heavily used and abused look! tanks struggle to turn in long grass, especially ones with longer/ wider contract area tracks, are you running lower ratio great boxes? That will help
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

The rust is very well done, though mayhaps a little bit too much. It's almost like this tank has spent several weeks parked half under water for this amount of rust to form. The technical aspect, the skill in execution is great, but the amount is perhaps just a bit much.

Unless ofcourse that's the effect you're going for. An old piece that was recovered from a river or bog or similar.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

Thanks guys......I was thinking it may be a bit much.....so will tone down. I'm not sure what ratio the gears are........it's a PRO version if that's any help... :)
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by brizo58 »

Hi,
I would go for two JP 480 motors they are much better with all the metal you have on your tank. Brian...
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

Thanks for that Brian......I will google them now........it defo needs more umphhh :)
brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

Hi
I got mine from Modelsport they are on line. I think I paid £7 for them??. Brian...
brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

Hi,
Just been on the J.Perkins site they have them. £5.09. Hobbystores have them as well :thumbup: .. Brian...
edpanzer

Post by edpanzer »

Looks good I have the same problem with my tiger 1 on grass I might give the motors a go myself just got to run it by the Mrs first as I've just won a imex charger on eBay....maybe next month :haha:
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
sarge8888
Recruit

Post by sarge8888 »

Hi there ur rust is very well done but i have to agree with other guys its a bit ott for a fighting tank plz take this as constructive criticism u have indeed done a very gud job ;)

Return to “King Tiger”