Tiger 1 with Elmod

mdkboggle
Private

Tiger 1 with Elmod

Post by mdkboggle »

Hi all
Thought i would post some pics of this build as it stands atm.
It started life as a standard early Heng Long model that my son had and when it got smashed up i re built it within a day,complete with new paintwork.I posted pics of the tank on this forum but i then went ahead and had a true re build of this tank and ended up with very little of the standard tank left.
So here is what i did...
I cut the front hatches out and replaced with metal hatches.
Cut out the drivers vision hatch and re built in the open position.
Cut out and moved the turret ring back about 15mm.
Used metal headlights.
used a led lower hull machine gun.
Used a Taigen turret with recoil unit to replace the bb turret.
Used a Taigen lower metal hull with metal/rubber wheels,metal sprockets and tracks.
Replaced gearbox for a metal unit.
Fitted Elmod Pro.
Airbrushed in sand with grey/green camo
Stencil turret numbers.

The only part of old tank that survived my butcher session was the upper hull,ahh well lol.
Anyway,here are some pics and if anyone needs info on the Elmod system then please just ask.
I think,if you click on the pics,you will be taken to my album on flickr and you may be able to see more pics of the build in progress.

ImageIMG_1928 by mdkboggle, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1924 by mdkboggle, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1915 by mdkboggle, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1918 by mdkboggle, on Flickr

Well,that's it so far,it's not a master class build and it has it's faults but it runs well and is very heavy to lift up.
Hope you like it guys.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Tiger 1 with Elmod

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
I like it quite a bit! You have done excellent work and it shows. I am really disappointed that at this late date that folks are still being required to cut out the base of the turret and ring on the deck to correct the turret placement. HL and Taigen should have gotten on board with that some time ago. Again, a very cool job, Mr. Boggle.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Good work on the Tiger, I like the builds that have maximum effect for minimal cost. You have achieved that well. I see that you have an Elmod board, but that you have an HL speaker. If you haven't already done so, get yourself a Visiton FRS7, they are about £7 with free postage from CPC. Your sound system will be transformed beyond your wildest dreams, the FRS7 is a proper very high quality hi fi speaker and is the weapon of choice for IBU and Elmod users.

I used to have a couple of Elmods, they are the Rolls Royce of tank systems, and I used to spend hours creating sound files for them.

RobG
Last edited by wibblywobbly on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
tiger tiger
Sergeant

Post by tiger tiger »

Hi mdkboggle, liking your tiger, nice paint job and battle damage. yeh i would definitely change the speaker i only have the hl rx18 and 2.4 systems in my tigers but i changed to a taigen speaker from forgebear and the difference was much improved in sound. Enjoy your tiger its cool.

regards
stuart
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
hotte8487
Sergeant

Post by hotte8487 »

Hello mdkboggle,

nice Tiger that you've built. :thumbup:
And with ElMod a fine control system and also the newest from their products - the ElMod Fusion Pro. I use ElMod in all my tanks.
But I agree fully with wibblywobbly, if you would use a other speaker, you would get a properly fat sound. The speaker Visaton FRS 7 would be a good choice, but it's of course also the question, whether you have enough space. ???
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Tiger I early (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

The thinking is allowed to all people, but many are spared. (Curt Goetz 1888-1960)
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Hey there Boggle...haven't seen you in awhile....so first off Happy New Years to you and yours :clap:

Terrific Tiger...by far more than I will ever do on mine.... :clap: ...I have to say...I am so glad you did not leave out the all important BUCKET ;) .... :haha:

ALPHA
vanhasen
Private

Post by vanhasen »

Nice model.
At this stage I'd recommend throwing away Heng Long battery and replacing it with a LiPo 2S.
Polish RC Tank Forum:
http://rctank.pl/
Zapraszamy
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by jtracks »

mdkboggle wrote:Hi all
Thought i would post some pics of this build as it stands atm.
It started life as a standard early Heng Long model that my son had and when it got smashed up i re built it within a day,complete with new paintwork.I posted pics of the tank on this forum but i then went ahead and had a true re build of this tank and ended up with very little of the standard tank left.
So here is what i did...
I cut the front hatches out and replaced with metal hatches.
Cut out the drivers vision hatch and re built in the open position.
Cut out and moved the turret ring back about 15mm.
Used metal headlights.
used a led lower hull machine gun.
Used a Taigen turret with recoil unit to replace the bb turret.
Used a Taigen lower metal hull with metal/rubber wheels,metal sprockets and tracks.
Replaced gearbox for a metal unit.
Fitted Elmod Pro.
Airbrushed in sand with grey/green camo
Stencil turret numbers.

The only part of old tank that survived my butcher session was the upper hull,ahh well lol.
Anyway,here are some pics and if anyone needs info on the Elmod system then please just ask.
I think,if you click on the pics,you will be taken to my album on flickr and you may be able to see more pics of the build in progress.

ImageIMG_1928 by mdkboggle, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1924 by mdkboggle, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1915 by mdkboggle, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1918 by mdkboggle, on Flickr

Well,that's it so far,it's not a master class build and it has it's faults but it runs well and is very heavy to lift up.
Hope you like it guys.
Very nice Tiger 1 mdkboggle. I have a question. You say you replaced the HL turret with the Taigen IR turret so you would have recoil. So, does the Taigen turret wire harness plug directly into the Elmod so that you have both recoil and barrel flash from the Taigen turret? I have been looking for electronics alternatives for my Taigen tanks but all others require some sort of modification. Thank you

Joe
Joe

Return to “Tiger I”