1/6 Armortek Panther G

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
Swamprat33
Lance Corporal

1/6 Armortek Panther G

Post by Swamprat33 »

Hi all, I just collected my first 1/6 tank today.
It is a series one Armortek Panther G and is pretty well stock.
I am planning to get some sound into it as a priority and then look at some upgrades to improve the level of detail.
IMG_1198.JPG
IMG_1199s.JPG
That is a Heng Long 1/16 Panther next to it.

This new Panther is HUGE but has loads of potential.

Cheers

Tim
1/6 Armortek Panther ausf.G
1/6 Armortek Panzer III ausf.J
1/6 Type 82 Funkwagen
1/6 Sdkfz 250/9
1/6 Sdkfz 2 Kettenkrad
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: 1/6 Armortek Panther G

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon,
Nice on the Panther, Swamp! It looks like a very solid base to work from and detail out to your heart's desire. Much enjoyment there!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Johnf »

Nice, did it come with motion pack or any other extras?
Swamprat33
Lance Corporal

Post by Swamprat33 »

Hi, it comes with the motion pack and a number of engineered mods to improve running but is essentially stock.

It is from the original batch from 2007 that was designed for a blank firer. These are not available any more from Armortek, and they do a recoil option now for the current range.
Unfortunately, it is not a straightforward job to retro fit into mine but it is possible.

I am wanting to get a smoke unit and sound module pretty soon, but am happy to leave the recoil for now.
I also want to find some working lights.

It seems odd that the level of detail on my completed 1/16 Panther is much better than the stock Armortek. Having said that, i think the later series was a bit better.

Cheers
Tim
1/6 Type 82 Funkwagen
1/6 Sdkfz 250/9
1/6 Sdkfz 2 Kettenkrad
teddyt
Lance Corporal

Post by teddyt »

nice new toy Tim.

and if you get feddup running it you could use as a storage box for your 1/16th tanks
If at first you can't fix it , hit it with a big hammer

TANKS
4 Tiger 1's
King Tiger
Panzer 3
Challenger 2
Bulldog
Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Johnf »

The blank firer tended to leave black powder residue which could possibly cause corrosion. I had 2 of them and sold them. It's possible to connect the new style sound pack with amp and two speakers to the old motion pack. I have done this with my Tigers. Part of the fun is adding the details.
Looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Try Steve Winstone for the working lights.
Swamprat33
Lance Corporal

Post by Swamprat33 »

Hi all, I lifted out the turret this evening, after unplugging the 2 cables for the batteries that are mounted in the turret basket.
The top deck securing bolts have all been filled so i think i can still remove the nuts underneath with a small socket.
That should allow me to remove the top deck to see exactly what i am dealing with.

Thanks John, I have emailed Steve about a price list.
I have got a Wiggy smoke unit on order so need to start working out the logistics of fitting this.

I junked the crappy old Futaba and for now am using a spare Planet T5. this is working fine for now.
I will probably get a Spektrum DX7 or DX8 after christmas.
Has anyone used a Turnigy 9x with Armortek?

I am also trying to work out the best sound option and need a bit more research before deciding.

It will certainly keep me busy, although i am still working on 5 little 1/16 tanks as well :/
For the moment i am in research mode while i decide what to do.

Tim
1/6 Type 82 Funkwagen
1/6 Sdkfz 250/9
1/6 Sdkfz 2 Kettenkrad
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Nice!

Always wanted one in that scale but havn't got the space.
Steve Norris
Recruit

Post by Steve Norris »

Hi Tim
I have picked up a 2007 Panther myself just a couple of weeks ago, this will be the third Panther I have had (plus may other types).
The Panther is one of the best running Armortek kits I have had even with the old single torsion bar set up, I don't think it is worth changing to the double torsion bar set up of the later tanks.
As John said Steve Winston does some very good upgrade parts for the Panther, you may also want to look at Armorpax for things like tools and brackets.
The only thing that really need some attention on the kit is the missing section of armour from the top of the glassis,this needs adding using L section brass strip and blending in to the rest of the glassis.
Regards
Steve
Swamprat33
Lance Corporal

Post by Swamprat33 »

Hi Steve, great to hear from you.
The top of the glacis plate did look a bit odd, but i could not work out what was wrong. :clap:
What sized brass do you reccomend for this?

i did manage to have a play on the drive this morning so at least got it running nice on my Planet T5. My new Spektrum DX7 with an AR8000 receiver is proving to be more of a challenge. The TX and RX are bound and can operate a servo, but cant get the tank to work on it yet. This will take a bit more head scratching but not really needed until i get smoke and sound installed.
I have been working on the turret detail this weekend adding slot screws to the commanders hatch and welds - lots of welds on the turret top. Still got to do all around the periscopes and AA rail brackets.

I have just placed an order with Steve for some lights, Travel lock and a new hull mg with LED.

Cheers

Tim
1/6 Type 82 Funkwagen
1/6 Sdkfz 250/9
1/6 Sdkfz 2 Kettenkrad

Return to “Larger Scale Military”