Track tension HELP! SOLVED

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
bfrank1982
Private

Track tension HELP! SOLVED

Post by bfrank1982 »

Hi guys.

I really need advice:

Just put on metal tracks on my Torro/taigen lower hull of my sturm tiger.

It seems as if the second to last Road wheels of the left side give a clicking noise when turning.
I have Tried to adjust the tension i that side to see if that could maybe make the track guidence thingies sit more tightly between the Inner and outer row of Road wheels.

Any advice on How to fix this?

The tank drives pretty straight in different tension settings. Allthough if to tight it jams. So have presently set it Where it is...

It ran perfectly on the plastic tracks

I look forward to your advice. Pictures Will be welcomed
Last edited by bfrank1982 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Track tension HELP!

Post by jarndice »

All I know is that if the TRACK touches down on the THIRD wheel from the SPROCKET your tension should be right BUT this changes as the track and sprockets wear. shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

I assume you have metal road wheels as well ? The only think I can think of is that it is loose from the grab screw and it is only hold onto it by the two outer road wheel. It is probably clicking as the track tooth keep hitting it when it is running by. Try to wiggle it and see if it is loose. If it is then it is just a matter of tightening it back onto the swing arm from underneath.

MichaelC.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

MichaelC wrote:I assume you have metal road wheels as well ? The only think I can think of is that it is loose from the grab screw and it is only hold onto it by the two outer road wheel. It is probably clicking as the track tooth keep hitting it when it is running by. Try to wiggle it and see if it is loose. If it is then it is just a matter of tightening it back onto the swing arm from underneath.

MichaelC.
Yup I'm with Michael on this... the culprits are you track teeth...either settling in or catching...check the teeth ...they might need a little attention ;)

Good luck :thumbup:

ALPHA

Return to “General Questions”