H/L Jagdpanther metal track conversion

Modelmaniac
Recruit

H/L Jagdpanther metal track conversion

Post by Modelmaniac »

Having just started up in the world of model tanks I've started with the Heng Long Jpanther. The trouble I'm having is that the metal replacement tracks supplied by J Perkins distributors are to short.Has anyone else had this problem, or is it just a 'one off' due to poor quality control at the factory?. Any ideas anyone?. MM.
tanks_for_the_memory
Sergeant

Re: H/L Jagdpanther metal track conversion

Post by tanks_for_the_memory »

Who made the tracks? Taigen? Impact? When I ordered Taigen metal tracks for my HL TIGER I found they were a couple of links too short so I ordered some spare links. With hindsight I should have done this anyway so I had spares for the turret / front...
My Mid-Production Normandy Tiger 1 build thread: http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... =22&t=8350
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Don't think you can adjust the idlers in the stock HL Jadgpanther. Strange. Usually you get an extra package of links with the metal tracks. Not enough to use for the turret/front but comes in handy when you want a little slack like the real thing. Never short links for me.
Modelmaniac
Recruit

Post by Modelmaniac »

Many thanks everyone, the tracks in question are H/L's own stock. They have now been returned to Perkins for them to remedy the problem.MM.

Return to “Jagdpanther”