Mongrel tiger 323, curly whirly

Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Mongrel tiger 323, curly whirly

Post by Ecam »

I think it looks great. I've avoided making a well used tank, but that came out so well I may have to give it a go as well.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Here, Kitty...nice Kitty... That's some great handiwork with weathering. I wonder if it's "grody to the max" enough to satisfy Bix? :P Here, Kitty...nice Kitty... @) Is "Curly Whirly" from Springsteen's "Blinded by the LIght?" Or is it some UK obscenity of which I am blissfully unaware? Or both? :O
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Here, Kitty...nice Kitty... That's some great handiwork with weathering. I wonder if it's "grody to the max" enough to satisfy Bix? Image Here, Kitty...nice Kitty... @) Is "Curly Whirly" from Springsteen's "Blinded by the LIght?" Or is it some UK obscenity of which I am blissfully unaware? Or both? :O
I'm not sure about that! David parkers has some amazingly done mud on it (enough to satisfy even Herman) but in not sure I'll go that far.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

tankme wrote:Looks good. Funny my woman also has a Cricket printer, but hasn't really used it yet.
If you can get a program to convert line drawings to the correct format it's really good for stencils

tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Little tiger update. Tools up first, I found my discarded bag of sla tool clamps which had come away from the base and decided to adapt them to add a little more detail. Tool handles are scribed with a corse file to add texture for the wood grain, then the handles are added. I use a base of tamiya dark yellow and then a wash (or 3) of burnt umber thinned downto create the wood effect. The tool heads are painted matt black with gun metal chipping. I also painted the tow cables gun metal at this point and gave them a wash of burned umber and lamp black thinned.

I decided to redo the exhausts with deluxe materials rust effects, if you've not used it it's made up of very fine iron filings, a binder and something to accelerate the process of oxidisation (smells like vinegar).
Mix the filings with the binder and put on the area to be effected. Add the accelerant and wait overnight. I like it because it's real rust but it also adds that pitted texture you get on corroded surfaces. .

After this is the oils, streaks and dots of ak NATO rain marks and some of thinned burnt umber, lamp black mix. This gives a nice subtle effect simulating grime, rain marks and the fading of the paint that's been outside for extended periods.

All that's left now is whether to add an antenna of have it depicted in its tube, do the mud and crew.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Some moreImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Those weathering effects are very nice. Especially the exhaust. Definitely following along.
Shotek
Private

Post by Shotek »

Well, honestly, it's difficult for me to distinguish photos of the real tank from those where the model is. ;)

But seriously.. weathering and wear looks amazing and reasonably subtle.
Very realistic result! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:wave:
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Very well done Tom :clap: excellent job and the camouflage pattern is exceptional!!
Tanks alot.... :wave:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Like all the others, I say, Wowie Zowie! Now I see a tip: "deluxe materials rust effects." I have to check it out.

Return to “Tiger I”