Chi-nu RC tank

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
john1970
Corporal

Re: Chi-nu RC tank

Post by john1970 »

Is fusion 360 free or is it a pay for programme?
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Its free for hobby use, but that comes with restrictions on the number of active parts you can have, available file formats, and no ability to share live data with other users - and Autodesk keeps adding to that list as time goes by :|

I ended up springing for a 3 year licence last year when they were offering steep discounts, if anyone intends to use it intensively that's certainly an option to keep an eye out for. The bigger question for me would be what do they intend to do with the licence pricing long term. The current full subscription price of £400/year is quite reasonable for what you get, but if they start increasing much beyond that I think a lot of us 'hobby+' users will be priced out.
GrubbyClubby
Recruit

Post by GrubbyClubby »

Finished modeling the suspension, should be accurate to the real one (if anything looks off please tell me!)
Yet to animate it and make it actually work in real life but will eventually do it.
Attachments
suspension without wheels.JPG
suspension without wheels.JPG (60.55 KiB) Viewed 371 times
Suspension with wheels.JPG
Suspension with wheels.JPG (98.32 KiB) Viewed 371 times
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

Post by Biasphere1 »

Great work , good to see this .
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Tiger6 wrote:Its free for hobby use, but that comes with restrictions on the number of active parts you can have, available file formats, and no ability to share live data with other users - and Autodesk keeps adding to that list as time goes by :|

I ended up springing for a 3 year licence last year when they were offering steep discounts, if anyone intends to use it intensively that's certainly an option to keep an eye out for. The bigger question for me would be what do they intend to do with the licence pricing long term. The current full subscription price of £400/year is quite reasonable for what you get, but if they start increasing much beyond that I think a lot of us 'hobby+' users will be priced out.
It's both the dodgy users (ie commercial using hobby licence) and the royalties back to the kernel providers that are pushing up the prices. Not sure what will happen next as pretty much everything now hangs off ACIS or Parasolid.

Return to “3D Printing”