muzzle flash

Here is the place to talk about everything El-Mod! Help with installing and upgrading ect.
paulmason1958
Recruit

muzzle flash

Post by paulmason1958 »

Hi to you all from a newbie, hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction.
I am building a 1/3 scale M113 APC (Vietnam era) to be used as a trailer for my motorcycle which is currently being airbrushed with Vietnam pictures. I have sourced an exact replica 1/3 scale .50 MG for the commanders cupola but would like to create muzzle flash for it and possibly the two side mounted .60s.
Have looked at Benedini whichn offers M113 sound effects/radio chatter/mg fire with led muzzle flash and also maxtronic though information is sketchy.
Also, event though this vehicle will be static I would like to try and get tank tracks made as real as possible.
any advice/hints would be greatly appreciated.
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Re: muzzle flash

Post by [ICE]monkey »

hi and welcome to the forum, thats some project your attempting, the trouble with 1/3 is you will probably have to make all the bits yourself ,
paulmason1958
Recruit

Re: muzzle flash

Post by paulmason1958 »

Good evening Ice Monkey,
Yep I built the main body of one last year out of ply but couldn't work out how to make the road wheels & tracks until I came across this Australian guy on youtube who built a very large scale working Sherman and M60 and had made instructional videos for these.
All other info I have obtained from RC sites of AFVs and aircraft.
It is the realistic muzzle flash that I would like to achieve, hence joining this forum as there seems to be a wealth and information available on this wonderful site. My main model scale is admittedly 1/35th but I am getting drawn to the larger scale, 1/6th looks good.

Return to “El-Mod”