Bergepanzer IV build

Fireman Tim
Recruit

Bergepanzer IV build

Post by Fireman Tim »

I wanted to build a repair tank for use during our club's IR battles, so I managed to acquire a HL Panzer IV and began work on a Bergepanzer IV.

The idea is that one team would be given the Bergepanzer to use during the battle scenario. The tank would roll up next to a friendly destroyed tank, a sound card with a 50 second repair sound clip would play (including a blinking LED on the bergepanzer). Once the 50 seconds is up, the destroyed tank can return to battle at full strength. I will also install a Tamiya compatible battle unit in the bergepanzer so that it can take hits as well. It currently has a DBC, but I will be replacing it with the new SLU electronics package.

Here are some pics of the build:

The Plan

The battle unit connection is hidden in a crate on the deck.

My camera flash has washed out the colour, but I used some of my wifes old make-up to weather the tank. Then I gave it a spray coat of window frosting to seal it.

I am trying to figure out how to install the sound card to play when the user pushes the left stick up, but since I am changing electronics packages, I will probably hold off until my SLU arrives.

Although it does not have a working crane (that's beyond my current abilities to manufacture) it should add an interesting element to our battles.

I'll post an update once I get the sound card installed.
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Bergepanzer IV build

Post by [ICE]monkey »

very nice , i like it m great idea with the breakdown tanks
regards, ice
fleshpedler
Sergeant

Post by fleshpedler »

Nice Tim , that,s what we want a bit more life on the battle field,........and you can drive it around so it not just a static model , good thinking...........
Fleshy........................................
30+
Private

Post by 30+ »

Looks very nice! I've been thinking about a Bergepanzer IV myself, but you beat me to it.

Cheers, Jens

Return to “Panzer IV”