My 1/6th Scratchbuilt SdKfz251D a WIP

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
pzrwest
Corporal

Re: My 1/6th Scratchbuilt SdKfz251D a WIP

Post by pzrwest »

Update:
Well I have caught up on my recent builds etc and figured it was time to get back at my 251D halftrack. Here are a few pics of the latest work on it. I have now built the side storage bins and added the front fenders to the halftrack. Next I will be starting on the interior detail. As always comments welcomed.... Harold
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

Well since I posted the last set of pics I have had two people who want me to scratchbuild them 251d hulls. Luckily I was able to make a set of templates for the hull pieces. So as soon as the funds arrive it's off to the big city of Toronto to the styrene suppier for a couple 4'x8' sheets of styrene
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

Here are a few pics of pangaloss's 251d hull I'm building for him(#1 commission build). Still have the dash/firewall, fenders, and stowage bins to build. I'm amazed how much easier this hull is going together, well I shouldn't be since I had worked out all the bugs building my first 251d hull. I have one more commissioned build to do when this one is done... As always comments welcomed.... Harold
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

Well Pangaloss's 251d hull is finished and ready to be picked up this comming Saturday. Here are the final pics of the hull for him. I started the 2nd commission build this morning
littletankman
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by littletankman »

Absolutly spot on mate , Id love a RC 251 halftrack in 1:16 but now I have seen yours I like the 1:6 scale hmm

Andy :thumbup:

Return to “Larger Scale Military”