DBC / RX18 Problem.

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
oztruck
Corporal

DBC / RX18 Problem.

Post by oztruck »

I hope this is the wright place to post this,

I have a Jagpanther and Stug III both IR. I also have a DBC board and sound chip. I installed the DBC into the Jadpanther and sound card.

BUT

The momentum works, the super spin blocking works and the sound card works with the "K" button but no IR shot from the "K" button, only from the left stick up but I still get the recoil jump from the Left stick up.
ALSO when it takes a hit from the Stug it still does its dance but it does not slow it down 50%, not even 5%

I hope this is clear enough to understand what I am trying to say.

The board is a RX18 and I am using the HL radio. And although I have the DBC I am running with the HL IR.

Please tell me if I am wrong in my thinking.

What I think is that the Jag is running with the DBC but the HL IR has no effect on the DBC so there is no battle damage(50% drop of speed) and there is no IR from the K because it's not DBC it's HL, and it still does its dance because it's still HL IR.

What do you guys think?

I like the momentum, the cannon sound is better, and the super spin blocker is good for driving in tight places (eg my village)
Any advice and a description of what IR emitters and receivers I should get.
Please help me

"Confused of Downunder"
HL Pershing, HL Bull Dog,HL powered T34/85 IR, HL Tiger 1, HL Pz III, Stug III IR, PzIV, King Tiger, WSN Tiger1 mid IR, T34/85 winter IR, HL Jagpanther IR
Ex_Pat_Tanker
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: DBC / RX18 Problem.

Post by Ex_Pat_Tanker »

I think this ones a job for the Blitz...

Is your HL detector plugged into the DBU or the RX18? My understanding was that you needed to at least strip the HBU and replace the sensor before you plugged it into the DBU.
If you still have the emitter and detector plugged into the RX18, this would explain the problems you are seeing. The DBC does not interact with the RX18, it mearly alters the signal being sent from the receiver. If the emitter and detector aren't present, it can't shot or be hit.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I think that explains what is happening. From my understanding the entire Darkith system needs to be installed. The Darkith sits in the circuit so to speak, and intercepts signals to and from the main board. The Darkith sensors, although industry standard, operate on a specific frequency. Those signals are detected and picked up by the Darkith board. The Darkith board may not be able to detect the signals received from an HL sensor as they are probably on a different frequency.

It is similar to the way that an Elmod board uses different sensors to Tamiya or Darkith, but can detect hits from either. I have no idea how all this jiggery pokery works but it does.

I have one in my RX14/Bulldog, and I have to say that it works brilliantly. The only issue I have, and it is no reflection on the Darkith unit, is that because of the HL board design there are comprises with the 'dance' and the muzzle flash.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
tankman

Post by tankman »

Hi guy's just ordered a DBCRC2 unit, I'll do a brief review when I've got the unit installed in the Panther. All the best for now
Alan
tankman

Post by tankman »

The DBRC 2 in all it's glory
The DBRC 2 in all it's glory
DBCRC 002.JPG (134.82 KiB) Viewed 865 times
Well the DBRC 2 turned up the other day, right out of box everything looked good :thumbup: . Well packaged and well made electronics. the only gripe I can think of is no hard copy of how to connect up to an RX 14/Rx 18 board. I know you can go to either Darkith's or RC Tank Wars sites for set up downloads and such but there is nothing specific on what wires connect where. Saying that most things are very straight forward with the apple connector wires having only one five pin socket they will fit into as well as a two pin socket for the LED connection. The four Futaba style connectors for the RC reciver are self evident. However there is a single blue wire coming off the sound boards ( I'm assuming this bit is correct ) which connects into the HL speaker system if I'm reading the Darkith instructions right. There are also 2 Futaba style connectors on the board for I assume an extra servo function if wanted/available . As I say not a lot of info on those two things for an electronic ignoramus like me :haha:. So not wishing to make a c*#k up of anything Ive taken some pictures so that those in the know can say "the blue wire goes there and this is how you connect up that extra servo you numpty ". So without further ado PICTURES
Alan
Attachments
connections for fire,hit,destroy and flash
connections for fire,hit,destroy and flash
DBCRC 007.JPG (124.44 KiB) Viewed 865 times
The board
The board
DBCRC 001.JPG (136.2 KiB) Viewed 865 times
The  " apple "
The " apple "
DBCRC 005.JPG (74.25 KiB) Viewed 865 times
The " extra " servo connectors ???