bmp-1

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
oldkeszi
Recruit

bmp-1

Post by oldkeszi »

My friend and I want to build a bmp-1. We collect information about this. Thanks for everything.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: bmp-1

Post by Kaczor »

Hi and welcome! Where are you from?

About BMP-1 - there is 3D printable model of BMP-2, probably it's possible to "downgrade it to BMP-1 :) Link:
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various ... c_3d_tanks
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

Hi,

I once built the Ludwig BMP-1, not really a kit but a very basic set of main parts that don't fit well together. i built it as an RC model with full option, including a scratch built interior, rotating turret basket, recoil, crew and infantry. It was a real struggle. I would not recommend doing the same to anyone unless you are up for it. It requires a lot of scavenging for parts. Ludwig added a few more accessories since that time but it requires expert skills and patience for a good model.

https://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/Bmp1.html

viewtopic.php?t=26343&hilit=bmp+1
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I started printing this BMP-1. It has some pretty major issues for me. Nothing keeps the turret attached. If you turn the tank to it's side the turret falls off. There is no elevation on the main gun as it is molded to not move and the turret in general lacks detail. The motor mounting is funky and non-standard. I could never get the motor pinions to line up correctly and mesh smoothly with the drive gears. The tracks are a PITA to assemble and lack detail. I will more than likely be fabricating my own motor mounts and motor system for this. The rear infantry doors are too small. The spring suspension system works well when you can keep the springs from falling off of the levers. There are no bearings used in the road wheels. The swim vane on the front of the tank has eluded my best efforts to print either with FDM or resin.

Those are the primary things I can remember from printing it. Overall, I don't recommend it.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

tankme wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:10 pm I started printing this BMP-1. It has some pretty major issues for me. Nothing keeps the turret attached. If you turn the tank to it's side the turret falls off. There is no elevation on the main gun as it is molded to not move and the turret in general lacks detail. The motor mounting is funky and non-standard. I could never get the motor pinions to line up correctly and mesh smoothly with the drive gears. The tracks are a PITA to assemble and lack detail. I will more than likely be fabricating my own motor mounts and motor system for this. The rear infantry doors are too small. The spring suspension system works well when you can keep the springs from falling off of the levers. There are no bearings used in the road wheels. The swim vane on the front of the tank has eluded my best efforts to print either with FDM or resin.

Those are the primary things I can remember from printing it. Overall, I don't recommend it.
Oh well, just as well the 30euro price tag was putting me off then. That said, I could level several of those complaints at Inkor's M113 :crazy:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”