Help with 1/6 scale tank

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
menright
Recruit

Help with 1/6 scale tank

Post by menright »

Hi was looking for some advice from anyone who has built larger models. On my tank I am getting a bit of turret wobble when driving over rough ground. I was wondering if it is because the turret bearing I have used is to small. I am curretnly using a 140mm bearing. If I increased the size of the bearing would this get rid of the wobble or am I just experiencing and issue from running a 1/6 scale. Any help would be welcome.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Help with 1/6 scale tank

Post by Ecam »

How many bearings? How balanced is the turret? And how stiff is the deck and turret floor where the bearings make contact? If you move the barrel up an down by hand, what are you seeing move?

I know too many questions, but it might help us to answer your question.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Sounds like the bearing has a lot of play. I've used bearings like this and they don't seem to move around at all.

https://www.amazon.com/Dailydanny-Alumi ... r=8-3&th=1
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
menright
Recruit

Post by menright »

Thanks for the advice, problem now solved.

Return to “General Questions”