UFO SHADO - Mobile Units

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Glitchinthesystem
Recruit

UFO SHADO - Mobile Units

Post by Glitchinthesystem »

Just joined after a long absence from the RC scene, my first RC vehicle was a Tamiya XR311 Combat Support vehicle in 1980 and having just retired I have decided to get back into this hobby... I did say it was a long time!

Although not specifically "military tank" related my first project will be the conversion of a 3d printed 60cm long (approx. scale 1/14) kit of a Mobile vehicle from the Gerry Anderson UFO series of the 70's.

So as it’s a tracked vehicle there is obviously similarities between it and the fine tracked models that appear on this forum (oh how I love a Forum vs Facebook groups).

Anyway, hoping to tap into some of the knowledge and advice that I'm sure abounds in the Forums community

Cheers Jason

P.S> I should add that I'm not printing the 3d model kit myself and it’s not due to be delivered until next month sometime as its produced to order.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YW6QyJsuTbxPqBULA
There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but once there the view is pretty much the same.
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: UFO SHADO - Mobile Units

Post by Ecam »

Welcome aboard! We've got quite a diversity of things built and represented here. Though I'm not sure exactly where to start that thread...

That should be a pretty cool build!

I sort of remember that series. I enjoy Sci-Fi but I don't think that show got too much air time in the States. Space 1999, that one I do remember.

Again, welcome.
Last edited by Ecam on Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

I think I remember that series--the UFOs were these metallic, counter-rotating opposed salad bowls with equally weird soundtrack that always reminded me of my mother's mix-master when the mix blades got put in a bit crooked and hit each other. The interceptor spacecraft were pretty cool--looked a bit like a Bell Jet Ranger helicopter minus its tail and smoking a big white cigar. IIRC the interceptors always got fried by the aliens.

Sounds like a neat build! Pics Please!

Mike.
Rocketman
Sergeant

Post by Rocketman »

Did someone Say SHADO MOBILES!!!

I've got some in production with a mind to adding them to my resin range late next year. They have been designed to run on Heng long modified chassis. Still a long way to go mind. If you get stuck give me a bell!
Attachments
003.JPG
003.JPG (1.48 MiB) Viewed 679 times
059.JPG
059.JPG (1.42 MiB) Viewed 679 times
007.JPG
007.JPG (2.26 MiB) Viewed 679 times
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome, Glitch! Out of curiosity, I ran a quick search using the function at the top right. I see that there have been some mentions of UFOs here on RCTW, but I am rather ignorant of SciFi things. I recall another who posted here for a while because he was searching for help with a prop replica from the "Toy Story" movie. It turned out that there were others in the know. I wish you the same luck. Please do show us your SHADO2 as it progresses.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Welcome to the forum from Argyll and Bute, and an unusual build. I remember UFO and the mad anti-clockwise spinning ufo models. I think someone one here is building a model based on warhammer 40000.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Welcome to the forum.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Glitchinthesystem
Recruit

Rocketman wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:56 pm Did someone Say SHADO MOBILES!!!

I've got some in production with a mind to adding them to my resin range late next year. They have been designed to run on Heng long modified chassis. Still a long way to go mind. If you get stuck give me a bell!
Nice one, will maybe share resources and compare notes.

Currently I'm trying to obtain (as part of my pre-build research) some detailed images of the rear of the Mobiles to work out what if any decals there should be?
There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but once there the view is pretty much the same.
Glitchinthesystem
Recruit

For those interested I have started to project build thread in the Modern section of the Builds :- viewtopic.php?t=34871

Return to “Introduce Yourself”