Have you ever thought you were going crazy?

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Have you ever thought you were going crazy?

Post by tankme »

Raminator wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:32 am
tankme wrote:Have you ever thought you were going crazy?
I mean yeah, I know it for a fact. Nice to see I'm not the only one! :haha:

What an absolute beast, Derek. How much do you think it's going to weigh when you're done?
I've gone through at least 20KG of PETG so far. I just had to order another 10KG to finish up the tracks as I estimate I will need 6KG for the tracks. I'm going to put a rough estimate as around 30KG (66lbs) without batteries. Final weight will be determined by what kind of batteries I decide to go with.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
tankme

Post by tankme »

Got a bit more printing done and a bit more assembly. I still have over a week of printing tracks before I will have a full set, but they are looking good. Need to source some pins though. Right now they are just friction fit.

Finished up assembly of the sprocket mud scrapers, assembled the bore cleaning kit, got the saw assembled (minus the metal latches), assembled the horn, and got the turnbuckle hardware sorted.

Got the track fenders printed and mocked up. I also mounted the tool boxes (minus the covers). The fenders and boxes are not permanently installed at this point. I just wanted to do a test fit. I got the driver's hatch detailed and functional. I also got the engine hatches detailed and functional. The driver's hatch and the engine hatches weren't designed to work so I took parts from the KV-2 turret, cut them in the slicer, and added them to the engine hatches. I then printed the KV-2 hatch assembly and installed it on the KV-1. The KV-1 turret hatch couldn't be used for the driver's hatch or the engine hatches as it has the machine gun mount arms on it.

The driver's hatch close up:

The engine hatch close up:

I have all the suspension arms, road wheels, sprockets, and idlers printed. I can't install them yet as I need to get on the lathe to make the Delrin sleeve bearings. The saga continues...
Derek
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Going Crazy ??............ :think: :think: :think:
Yep, a lot !
But not as much as you must be to pull on a project like THIS thing :wtf:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

wow, still looks absolutely impressive :D
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
tankme

Post by tankme »

I'm going to have a four month hiatus from my college classes so I should be able to finish it and get some other stuff done around the house here now that the weather is cooling off.
Derek

Return to “Larger Scale Military”