Hi All.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Whippet69
Recruit

Hi All.

Post by Whippet69 »

I hope this is ok but I'm just joining as I am hoping to be pointed to somewhere I can get spares to get a model I have working again. I have a Henglong 1/24 Leopard A5 which I bought some years ago as I had always wanted a R/C model as a boy but could never afford one. Long story short, when I decided to try it again recently it wouldn't drive on one side. Closer inspection showed that all the 'spigots' in the drive wheel had snapped off, hence all the bits of plastic in the box. I, therefore, need to source some spare drive wheels for this. I have found a German site that seems to have the parts (Heng-long-panzer.de) and don't know if this site is ok but would rather buy from a British site if one exists. Are there any British sites that would carry such spares or is this site ok and safe, PayPal wouldn't work and so I wasn't sure about it. I think it's time for me to play again.
Thanks
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Hi All.

Post by Ecam »

Welcome. That company is used by several here, but I think they tend to ship in Germany only. I know nothing of your tank, but I'm sure others will be along to help.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Heng-long-panzer.de is a legit site from everything I've seen about it. The 1/24th parts are pretty uncommon so if you found them somewhere, it's probably one of the few places that sells them. Most of the Heng Long stuff is in 1/16 scale.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

Welcome! Try the heng long store and the toucan hobby store on Aliexpress. They also ask you to contact them for any parts you don't see listed so they can probably get you back in motion. They are legit and good to deal with.
Mike.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome: Toucan Hobby also sells on eBay and has a web site of its own. Heng Long Panzer in Germany ships to the US, and I have bought from them with no problem. I have heard, however, that Brexit may have resulted in some extra shipping costs from Europe.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, At least you are straight with us from the off although we dont charge for membership so why not stick around we dont just talk R/C Armour,
As to your 1/24 HL Leopard,
The German site you are thinking of using is a top class dealer and I have made many purchases over the years and there was never a problem BUT When the UK left the EU trading arrangments were changed and that included our hobby,
I think all German dealers now have a minimum price before they will sell to the UK, With HL De it is about £100,which is far more than a 1/24 Leopard sprocket is worth, Have you looked at E-Bay not necessarily referring to the failed item but a complete tank because if someone in the UK for whatever reason is wanting to get rid of it it does not matter about its condition as long as the bit you need is in good order and is CHEEEP,
Oh by the way Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Please stick around it gets lonely on these winter nights :haha: :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Welcome Whippet69!

I know nothing about your tank. But I hope you enjoy the forum.

Chef
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore

Return to “Introduce Yourself”