Some of my builds and it’s background

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
Panzerjaeger66
Corporal

Some of my builds and it’s background

Post by Panzerjaeger66 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:32 pm I certainly admire your fine display case with an enviable assortment of AFVs, Panzerjaeger66. I wonder if a tour of a sort would be too much work for you. That is, perhaps starting at top left you could tell us a bit about each, e.g. whether is is scratch build, 3D printed, based on a Ready to Run AFV, and best of all, your observations such as "the SU-85 is much more straight than the SU-100 and I loved to make one of the 13th Polish Artillery Regiment." Whether you choose to do so or not, I respect your choice and admire your accomplishment.
IMG_6733.JPG
IMG_6733.JPG (2.2 MiB) Viewed 1495 times

Ok, here we are... from the left downwards

M48A2C

This is one of my favorite MBT tanks after WW II. The shape of the later motor deck and especially the frog nose is unique, so this is much more favored to me than the later M60. The decision in favor of an IDF tank or in the Vietnam theatre on the former, because there much more tank battles took place (succeeding IDF’s).
Overall design of the kit was made by myself. A master of the hull and turret were printed for casting in more numbers in Resin. The straight parts were made of styrene sheets in different thickness.
It was built in 2017

Magach 2 - M48A2C.PNG
Magach 2 - M48A2C.PNG (1.71 MiB) Viewed 1495 times
phpBB [video]

Autoblinda 41, M13/40 and Semovente (right column)

Because the Italian forces in WW II are very often overlooked and nothing is available in 1/16 so far, I was happy to add these two models to my collection. They fought very bravely, but unfortunately their weapons were too weak.
But in combination with the German Africa Corps they succeeded, especially with the Ariete division that fought side by side with the Germans, so both vehicles got decals of this division.
Both again were designed by myself, mostly 3D printed; the Autoblinda got a chassis of the two axles WPL truck, but changed the dimensions.
The tracks also are 3D-printed out of sintered PA that is very durable.
All three kits were built 2021-2023.

IMG_1063.JPG
IMG_1063.JPG (1.58 MiB) Viewed 1495 times
IMG_E2663.JPG
IMG_E2663.JPG (1.36 MiB) Viewed 1495 times
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Centurion

Next to the M48A2C this is also a favorite MBT tank after WW II of mine. The Centurion was very wide spread at European Armys. Because the Korean theatre was a main campaign the decision was to mark it „Colorado“ (C-Squadron) of the 8th King’s Royal Irish Hussars.
Designed by myself, most parts are made out of styrene sheets, the turret was 3d printed, metal tracks are from Asiatam Ferdinand (Elefant). An upgrade will happen because TongDe now offers Centurion tracks.
The kit was built in 2016

624a.JPG
624a.JPG (641.18 KiB) Viewed 1495 times
phpBB [video]

SU-85

This was an old WSN Trumpeter T-34/85 that got scratch built casemate out of styrene. As written in the other thread, the SU-85 was much more straight to me than the SU-100, because no protruding commander cupola was used and it was the first Russian real tank hunter.
The conversion was built in 2012

phpBB [video]

7.5cm Pak 40 auf RSO

A unique and cheap tank hunter was the powerful Pak 40 mounted at a RSO hull. Everything designed by myself and 3D printed by my colleague Lukas. It was not easy to place gear motors for elevation and rotation to the gun that were not visible. Very less space for electronics made it much more difficult.
Built in 2023.

IMG_5938 - Kopie.JPG
IMG_5938 - Kopie.JPG (1.63 MiB) Viewed 1495 times
phpBB [video]

AMX-13

This is my favorite tank hunter after WW II. The oscillating turret and first auto loader made it very interesting to me. It was the first tank for/of the IDF forces.
The markings represents the 2nd tank (Hebrew ב) in the 3rd Platoon (number 3) of the 4th Company (chevron heading back) at the 2nd Battalion (2 strips around gun barrel) of the 37th Tank Brigade fighting while Six-Day-War in 1967.
Designed by myself, most parts are made of styrene sheets, the turret was 3d printed also the tracks.
The model was built in 2019

phpBB [video]

Pak40

The Pak 40 was designed und 3D printed to have various applications (pulled or mounted at the RSO tank hunter).

IMG_1602.JPG
IMG_1602.JPG (2.96 MiB) Viewed 1495 times
Krupp Protze

The Krupp Protze was a light German truck that had a special chassis and rear suspension. It looks very sporty in my opinion; I have always liked that, so I designed it.
Everything is 3D printed; the chassis out of durable sintered PA and the upper parts out of Resin.
It was built in 2022

phpBB [video]

Sd.Kfz. 231 6-Rad

This was the first kit that was completely 3D printed. For the axles I have used the one from the JJRC trucks, because it was not easy to combine both rear axles that were very near to each other.
The model was built in 2020.

phpBB [video]

Elefant

It’s a complete assembled kit ordered from Hooben, still waiting for reworking electronics and outside detailing.

Not visible in other display cabinets:

Matilda

I like the British tanks of WW II despite they were mostly under gunned, but the shapes are great. The success of the Matilda especially in Africa created the title “Queen of the dessert”. The markings are from the 4th RTR.
The parts are made of styrene sheets, the turret was 3d printed also the tracks.
Starting the build in 2017 but just finished it in 2023.

phpBB [video]

Valentine

The Valentine kit was my first complete designed tank, not using any existing available RC tank. Very less parts were printed (gun shield and bogies). The original tracks were especially metal casted for me.
It’s one of my best running tank; the layout and movement of the suspension amazes me.
It was built in 2015

phpBB [video]

Type 97 Shinhoto Chi-Ha

No Japanese tank in RC is still available! So the US troops in Pacific theatre didn’t have to fight against tanks?!? No! It’s a complementary tank in the scenery, despite armor and gun was weak, but the Japanese fought bravery with weak weapons. The markings are from 3rd company (stylized cherry blossom) at 7th tank regiment of 2nd tank division, which fought mid of January `45 against the 716. US Tank Battalion at Binalonan / Philippines. The modified sun wheel is the family crest of a famous leader Oishi Kuranosuke. The characters at the lower gun mantlet means Dai Nippon (mighty Japan).

Only the gun shield, the drive sprocket and idler were printed (the road wheels are from a Panzer III with a new front cover and the metal tracks are also from a Panzer III with the sides cutted).
It was built in 2018

phpBB [video]

StuG III Ausf. F

My first RC tank conversion built in 2010! I have used a Heng Long Stug III Ausf. G and made a scratch build casemate of the F Version. I prefer the tank hunters to battle tanks, so this was a must for me starting into the RC scene. It was the first German tank hunter succeeding against Russian tanks in 1942.
This StuG was commanded by Owm. Kochanowski, 2. Battery of 201. StuG.Abt. awarded with the Knights Cross.

IMG_8654.JPG
IMG_8654.JPG (1.49 MiB) Viewed 1495 times
Panzer IV/70(V)

Again, tank hunters are my favorites and the Pz. IV/70(V) have the perfect shape for that use and a most powerful gun (like the Panther). I used a HL Panzer IV Ausf. G tank and rebuilt the casemate. The gun shield were made of aluminum CNC milled, because at that time of building 3D printing had only begun to start.
It was built in 2013

phpBB [video]

Panzer I Ausf. B, Befehlspanzer I and Panzerjäger I

Way before Takom released the Panzer I kit, I have designed the Panzer I Ausf. B, Command tank I and Panzerjäger I.
Mostly styrene, but the suspension and the 4.7cm Pak was 3D printed.
Especially gear motors for gun elevation and rotation was a challenging task at the Panzerjäger I.
All three Panzer build on this hull got markings from the western campaign.
The tracks are from Asiatam (either plastic or metal).
Built in 2018-2020

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Panzer II Ausf. C

Following the Panzer I kits, I designed the Panzer II Ausf. C using the tracks of the Panzer I, that were matching too.
Suspension and turret are 3D printed, the rest is styrene.
It was bult in 2020

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Panzerjaeger66 on Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Some of my builds and it’s background

Post by Kaczor »

Fantastic collection of unique vehicles. It's great that most of your designs are now available as kits.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Panzerjaeger66 you have created a stellar summary post about your extraordinary models, bringing together in one post what has shown up here and there over the years. I believe you might have a start toward a book about custom RC AFVs. Here is an example of a book of a similar sort:
viewtopic.php?p=336646&hilit=Steinbrunn#p336646
Ecam
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Ecam »

Great thread and great builds. Thank you for putting that together.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
Panzerjaeger66
Corporal

Post by Panzerjaeger66 »

Some additional builds....

Since 4 years I’m working together with Lukas; he’s manufacturing all parts with 3D printing, I’ll do the design and assemble and test the prototype.
So these and many of the former builds were made together.

Steyr RSO

A tracked vehicle that was designed for multipurpose use (transport, towing,…).
All 3D printed incl. tracks; the loading bridge walls are made of hard paper that was lasered with wooden pattern.
Build in 2022

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Steyr 1500A

Designed and assembled by myself, printed by Lukas. The axles are from WPL.
The model was built in 2022.

phpBB [video]

Sd.Kfz. 251 Ausf. B and Sd.Kfz. 251/22 Pakwagen

The first versions we have built in 2021 and redesigned the suspension this year. The new versions are assembled, waiting for the electrical work.

phpBB [video]

IMG_2513.JPG
IMG_2513.JPG (1.48 MiB) Viewed 1443 times
IMG_2519.JPG
IMG_2519.JPG (1.89 MiB) Viewed 1443 times
IMG_3220.JPG
IMG_3220.JPG (725.12 KiB) Viewed 1443 times
IMG_3236.JPG
IMG_3236.JPG (585.23 KiB) Viewed 1443 times

Kettenkrad

The newest built, so this is not ready build, waiting until electrical work is done.
IMG_E5852.JPG
IMG_E5852.JPG (905.9 KiB) Viewed 1443 times
IMG_E5853.JPG
IMG_E5853.JPG (912.98 KiB) Viewed 1443 times
IMG_6028.JPG
IMG_6028.JPG (1.02 MiB) Viewed 1443 times
Attachments
IMG_3236.JPG
IMG_3236.JPG (585.23 KiB) Viewed 1443 times
IMG_3220.JPG
IMG_3220.JPG (725.12 KiB) Viewed 1443 times
IMG_2519.JPG