Opel Maultier

Up to the end of WWII
Trora
Corporal

Opel Maultier

Post by Trora »

Hallo

Habe hier ein ganz altes Model gekauft für kleines Geld - 90 Euro - und werde es auf scale umbauen

Getriebe , elektronic und Vorderachse sind top

Auf dem Half truck Laufwerk ist eine Kunststoff Pz III Kette montiert was perfect passt und funktioniert

Gr Ralf
Would like to go home
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Opel Maultier

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

What scale is that truck, Ralf? I translated "...und werde es auf Scale umbauen" as "I would like to convert it to scale," but I am not sure I got that right. What do you have in mind?

"Habe hier ein ganz altes Model gekauft für kleines Geld - 90 Euro - und werde es auf scale umbauen
Here is a rather old model I bought for very little--90 Euros--and I would like to convert it to scale.
Getriebe , elektronic und Vorderachse sind top
The drive system is electronc and the front axle works very well.
Auf dem Half truck Laufwerk ist eine Kunststoff Pz III Kette montiert was perfect passt und funktioniert "
Plastic Panzer III tracks are mounted on the half track running gear, which is quite suitable and works.

(That's a little practice with German for me and maybe a help to those who cannot read German. )
Trora
Corporal

Post by Trora »

Hi

Der Truck ist 1/16 , ich werde das richtige Kettenlaufwerk und die richtigen Ketten montieren , eine neue Ladefläche wird noch gebaut , ist zum Teil ein scratchbau

Gr Ralf
Would like to go home
Trora
Corporal

Post by Trora »

I changed the Forum Settings , see it now in english , dont now what happend , the translation looks like is not good

so i will change the custers , drive wheel and idler wheel , the tracks too , will order the parts by asiatam

I want in near future a scale Opel Maultier

Greets Ralf
Would like to go home
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Should be fun

Did the Maultier not use Panzer 1 tracks which were much narrower? If so, you can buy Panzer1 metal tracks fairly easily, i see the rear looks alot like the Torro halftrack setup.

Its a good looking truck, but it depends on how far you want to go to make it true to scale
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Trora
Corporal

Post by Trora »

Hi

It is the half truck :) , payd 90 Euro for the model and start next time building him scale :) Drivers cabin , electronic , truck bed and transfer case is the cost more , so it was a good deal for me

I will use asiatam Parts

Is a Pz III Track mounted , runs greal in the field as a tip for the half truck fans

Regards Ralf
Would like to go home
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

The maultier used the same tracks and suspension as the british universal carrier, I have used the asiatam maultier tracks for my bren carrier build and they are good quality, and unfortunately a little expensive because they aren't available from anywhere else :|
Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Trora
Corporal

Post by Trora »

Hi

Metal Tracks ? are not avaibable anymore , the plastic tracks are not to high priced

Greets Ralf
Would like to go home

Return to “Wheeled and Half-Tracked Vehicles”