2nd Lieutenant

Re: Bowlmans Panther Build

Post by Matdragon »

my exact reasons too BREL :D :D
bowlman
Corporal

Post by bowlman »

Steiner I took some stiff small wire and cut it down to the size I wanted and then bent in to L shape 6 for each sides took a small hand drill and drilled small holes were you would super glue on the arbor mounting kit for the Schurzen plates and super glued the wire there and cut even with side deck this way I can run Panther with them on or off the wire I used came from a old KT wire antenna but paper clip wire would also work the tracks are from Impact and  also added the sleeve for the barrel picked from ETO Armor plus a IR tube from there also . runs better then my KT on grass just like my Pershing im looking at the Jagdpanther next Tamiya build .

Jimmy
grim_marmazet
Staff Sergeant

Post by grim_marmazet »

An excellent build Jimmy. The Panther is probably my favourite tank. Im looking at getting one in the pallet buy. I may go for a late Ausf.A, I much prefer the mantlet without the chin. I'll be following you build with great interest.  :D
Cheers,
Rik
bowlman
Corporal

Post by bowlman »

If you look at the pic of the torsion bar suspension you will see I used Tamiya flat springs for the first two front and back road wheels on both sides and the Impact Panther adjustable suspension on the rest i found out in my KT just running it around for a day I would loose the adjustment on the Impact set with a real heavy tank on the front and Bob from ETO Armor said to try this works on the KT and Panther .

Jimmy

Return to “Panther”