Realistic Periscope Glass

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
Mackem
Staff Sergeant

Realistic Periscope Glass

Post by Mackem »

Hi All,

Ever get fed up of trying to make your tank periscopes look realistic? Paint, nail varnish, acetate etc.
Found this tip on missing-lynx and I think it works a treat  ;D
Have a rummage through your family photo's, you are looking for a strip of negative film.
Those of you born into the digital age ask your mam or dad what I'm talking about  ;) ;) ;D ;D
A blank negative gives the impression of a deep red night vision type scope.
A negative with blue sky in it gives the impression of a normal scope, and so on.
Cut to size and attach using normal plastic cement, as an added bonus it reflects light just like glass!

Cheers
John
HE/HL Leopard 2-A5, HL Pz IV-F1, HL Jagdpanther (WIP), M26A1 Pershing (WIP), HL Pz III M (WIP), Bandai Hummel (WIP)
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Realistic Periscope Glass

Post by fv432 »

brilliant john thanks i have been looking for something suitable for the I/R headlights in the bulldog ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Return to “Tips and Tricks”