Creality 3D Ender3

All things 3D printing. Printers, design, CAD, hints and tips, models built.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Creality 3D Ender3

Post by Max-U52 »

I think the nozzles are interchangeable from the cr10 to the Ender, but Wayne will know for sure. You might also want to pick up some PTFE tubing when you get a chance. I just ordered some myself, after my last failed print when I couldn't get the filament out of the damn tube. And that's another thing, beware of what might seem like a really good deal on filament. I found pla on eBay for $11 a kilo so I bought three kilos and I still have most of it left because it's crap and the prints with that filament keep failing. After I bought some better quality filament I haven't had the same problems.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Not all filament is the same for sure, I only use the 3D Prima brand on Amazon now, its competatively priced and the results are way better than other brands (and the freebie lengths that come with the printer).
igotit
Lance Corporal

Post by igotit »

i own a older cr-10 and a ender 3,one of the reasons i selected the e3 was because of the fact that it is a mini cr-10,same rollers,same display and menu operation,same hotend,same extruder setup.electronics are different.the cr has nema 17 size standard length steppers,the ender has shorter ones.the cr is a 12v heating and cooling system,the e3 is a 24v heating and cooling system.they are both great machines and have a very reliable hotend system.my cr has been running the original hotend for 11 mths with no issues.
i only print petg in both my printers.more of a challenge to overcome....but once your there......worth it.petg also requires better dry storage than pla.

enjoy these bargain machines,they open up a whole new hobby aswell as explode your current scale/rc hobbies.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Enjoying for sure. I love it.
Looking into getting a 2nd to may be do different materials or maybe details.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I also have a creality cr10 and like it a lot, and now I'm looking at the creality ld 001, a resin printer like SLA, but my problem is that I don't know crap about resin printers. I've been asking everyone and so far I have a couple other good candidates besides the creality, but the one (wanhoa?) is still brand new and might not be available. The Peopoly Moai Laser SLA 3D Printer looks really, really nice, has adequate bed size for any 1/16 tire, but it's pricey at $1,300 USD. I'd have to get a Black Friday discount of at least 25% to swing that one.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Max-U52 wrote:I also have a creality cr10 and like it a lot, and now I'm looking at the creality ld 001, a resin printer like SLA, but my problem is that I don't know crap about resin printers. I've been asking everyone and so far I have a couple other good candidates besides the creality, but the one (wanhoa?) is still brand new and might not be available. The Peopoly Moai Laser SLA 3D Printer looks really, really nice, has adequate bed size for any 1/16 tire, but it's pricey at $1,300 USD. I'd have to get a Black Friday discount of at least 25% to swing that one.
Wow. That's quite a bit! I really stretched with the Ender3. Glad I did, but I think I would buy another and maybe just set it up for different materials. The resin finish looks amazing, but for my needs its beyond me. I like rough and ready
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

I have to say i do love the Ender 3, but the 2nd printer arrived built and no working due to power supply being duff! Need find repalcement as i don't want to wait. ideas?
then when the replacement turns up in 7 years time it is a good spare!
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Sherman project?

2 many trucks to list!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Original Ender 3 Power Supply - DC 24V 15A 360W Universal Regulated https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3085050375

Extractum digitum Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “3D Printing”