Jake's Asiatam VK4501 (P)

43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Jake's Asiatam VK4501 (P)

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:) An ambitious start!. Do start posting pics of the build.. we look forward to your project coming to life :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Jake's Asiatam VK4501 (P) Part 2

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:thumbup: Once you figured out how to post your pics, you treated us to an impressive build thread. :thumbup: Clearly, you're no slouch when it comes to improvisation, and engineering problem-solving, in 1/16 scale.
Failing studio type lighting, a couple of decent anglepoise lamps can provide the light you need for crisp images indoors. I use an iPhone 6 or Canon EOS 600D for my shots, but outdoor shots in natural light give the best results I find. As for Asiatam products..well, they look good at first sight; but the parts frequently don't fit together very well, and the harder you look the more you find what you didn't wish to find. :problem:
All Asiatam models should be supplied with a swear box >:< :lolno:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Davjacva
Recruit

Re: Jake's Asiatam VK4501 (P) Part 2

Post by Davjacva »

Thanks, I'll figure out the photo stuff, before the WeCohe Panther is completed which gives me a little time. The Asiatam stuff is actually pretty good, BUT... they are not something that someone that's used to kit assembling only should dive into. The model is there, but you are going to have to perform corrections in order to get it up to speed. You can see a good idea of what it took to get this last project going. I spent four years doing it, but I have other hobbies. The FAMO's will need some work, but I'm planning on getting the four into a production line and getting them done. One is going to be a SdKfz 9/1 which will take some added work, but it'll come. The gearboxes are going away, all shafts will be changed out and bearings added. A lot of the screws are going to require helicoils they are so bothed up. Going to braze some brass towbars and they'll be awesome. Really glad they came out with stuff that no one else is doing. Metal is a good medium as it gives better life and realism to these vehicles instead of the 3 pound plastic boxes running around. I've got another problem child with some issues, although minor that I'm probably going to parallel build with the Famos and that's the Puma. Big issue with that is the gears. It's late and I'm rambling, sorry.

Return to “Ferdinand”