1/8 M1A1 Abrams by Mark 1 Tanks

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
jeman
Corporal

1/8 M1A1 Abrams by Mark 1 Tanks

Post by jeman »

Hi Guys,
Ive just purchased one of these and was wondering where I can get hold of 1/8 stowage and crew for it ? Its a great looking tank so want to get some real nice bits to add to it.....any ideas would be great

Cheers
Mark
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Re: 1/8 M1A1 Abrams by Mark 1 Tanks

Post by [ICE]monkey »

hi, if it had been 1/6 i could of helped but 1/8 doesn't seem to have a lot as you've probably found out :(
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Doll accessories or similar I guess might work.
Tough gig getting helmets and the like though.
When I go looking for tank stuff I take a small ruler , a tape measure and a calculator to scale things as I see them into 16th !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jeman
Corporal

Post by jeman »

Thanks for that advice HERMAN BIX It sure is a tricky scale.......my wife's handy with materials and stuff so will be thinking hard on what to get up to. Good job ive got a long time to do it :haha:

Cheers Buddy
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I guess regardless of the scale, you have to have a plan.
What you think you want, so when/if/where you see it, you can do the scale thing and go from there.
Just be glad you have a good problem to work with :thumbup: :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
TheSynchronizer
Private

Post by TheSynchronizer »

I know of someone who can make you stowage and crew for it. https://www.shapeways.com/shops/panzerv ... and+up&s=0
Holden from shapeways, hit him up on his facebook page through the store and tell him what you're looking for. He can design it to your specification. Shapeways is kinda pricy in that big of a scale but if you got the money he can help :P

Return to “Larger Scale Military”