GUP STUG PREP

ALPHA
Major-General

Re: GUP STUG PREP

Post by ALPHA »

HERMAN BIX wrote:The checkering tools I had in my other life were like thread files, different profiles designed to place very fine diamond raised grip surfaces on wooden rifle stocks. The classic stock style was 'Monte Carlo' with a well defined palm swell and ornate checkering in usually a walnut stock.
:shh:............. ;)
Can say in a million years I never thought to use them to recreate tread plate on a German combat vehicle !!
What can I say Herman... I'm older than dirt....so a million years passes quite quickly ;) ...with that said...after staring at what HL provides..
.thought there was nothing better made to recreate the pattern...the only uncertain thing was using the tool on plastic... :think: ...it did very well on the test run...similar to working on hard woods ...and the result ( in my mind anyway) is much nicer than the "modern" style of diamond plate available in sheets...not to mention this doesn't "float"...like the plastistrct stuff does :D

ALPHA
SovereignZuul
Corporal

Post by SovereignZuul »

Oh, I can't wait to see the paint on this one. Hope it's the bright red & gold one! Best looking paint job ever seen on an armored vehicle.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
Good to see you at work again, Alpha. ;o) Following along.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Merlin707
Corporal

Post by Merlin707 »

Looking forward to seeing another Girls Und Panzer re-creation.

I admit I liked the fun and bright camo they put on them.
Razor 1, Intercept Bogies Angels 2 5, Cleared Hot Engage, Fox 2 Fox 2

Semper In Faecibus Sumus Sole Profundum Variat

HL/Tamiya Sherman - Bulldog Turreted
Taigen Tiki Tiger 1
Torro KingTiger
E-25 Tank Destroyer
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Are you going to apply the '86 Pontiac Eagle to the lower glacis mate !!?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

SovereignZuul wrote:Oh, I can't wait to see the paint on this one. Hope it's the bright red & gold one! Best looking paint job ever seen on an armored vehicle.
HERMAN BIX wrote:Are you going to apply the '86 Pontiac Eagle to the lower glacis mate !!?

If all goes well Gents lol.... this will probably be the most involved paint scheme done....it all depends on the resin hull application though...if that doesn't go well...may just have to scrap this project ...and put in on the back burner till more time can be invested in scratch forming the upper superstructure ;)

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Morning,
Good to see you at work again, Alpha. ;o) Following along.
regards,
Painless
Good to have you along Painless...hopefully you will find some of what I do helpful when you do yours ;)

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Merlin707 wrote:Looking forward to seeing another Girls Und Panzer re-creation.

I admit I liked the fun and bright camo they put on them.
Didn't realize you had a look at the anime Merlin...but yes ...when Oarai unveiled their tanks... It was at that point..you had to know it wasn't going to be
the normal "conflict" type of plot...just wish they left the paint for a few more battles ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnzS7rZ_t9Q

:D

ALPHA
Merlin707
Corporal

Post by Merlin707 »

I'm actually a secret lover of Girls Und Panzer, it just appeals that they all live on aircraft carriers and sail around to there venues to do battle.
Razor 1, Intercept Bogies Angels 2 5, Cleared Hot Engage, Fox 2 Fox 2

Semper In Faecibus Sumus Sole Profundum Variat

HL/Tamiya Sherman - Bulldog Turreted
Taigen Tiki Tiger 1
Torro KingTiger
E-25 Tank Destroyer
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Merlin707 wrote:I'm actually a secret lover of Girls Und Panzer, it just appeals that they all live on aircraft carriers and sail around to there venues to do battle.
Have to admit Merlin...the Aircraft carriers caught me off guard the first time I watched ....thought I missed something when the scene jumped to the carrier...it is an aspect that added to the anime being what it is...just another integral part in making the story complete...as there was pretty much no bases left uncovered ;)

ALPHA

Return to “Stug”