Tankfest 2012 RC stuff

Any events that you have been to or want to tell about? If so post them here. Clubs and RC Organisations can advertise there upcoming events here.
Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Tankfest 2012 RC stuff

Post by Johnf »

Armortek will be there on the 22nd also. Last day this year to see the tiger running.
panzer stu
Recruit

Post by panzer stu »

Johnf wrote:Armortek will be there on the 22nd also. Last day this year to see the tiger running.
thats right mate mark and jill will be showing there wears i have to leave the credit card at home or i may get to tempted :haha: . seeing the museums tiger running is an amazing site she purrs like a kitten she is stunning
Johnf

Post by Johnf »

I was thinking of bringing my tiger over but its a long way in a mini. I have picked up a second Tiger1. It's a disease. 3 unbuilt kits in my shed and 2 more in my work room. Not all mine though. If you see these kits you want one. That Berg Panther is gor sale at present at a bargain price.
panzer stu
Recruit

Post by panzer stu »

Johnf wrote:I was thinking of bringing my tiger over but its a long way in a mini. I have picked up a second Tiger1. It's a disease. 3 unbuilt kits in my shed and 2 more in my work room. Not all mine though. If you see these kits you want one. That Berg Panther is gor sale at present at a bargain price.

mate have a think about coming along be brill to see you and have you display your tanks with ours you are very welcome and that goes for anyone else . i may put up an invite thread for this show
Johnf

Post by Johnf »

Thinking about going over. Can any body recomend accomodation nearby. Have not been to bovington before. Coming from Ireland by ferry.
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

This just postd on the Armortek Site on You Tube, War and Peace Tanks in the Mud 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbwpifI5 ... ploademail

Excellent video of the Armortek Products driving the range, and their power is obvious.But the Clean-up might be a problem? How do you clean a 1/6 scle muddy tank?
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
Johnf

Post by Johnf »

I use a hose to soften the dirt then soft brush and low pressure hose. They are fully watertight hulls. Take tracks off and hose down. Final drying with hair dryer. Luckily I have a spare set of tracks for displaying. I was careful to prime all parts with etch primer before painting.

I would add that my driving was not in conditions of extreme mud as shown earlier.
panzer stu
Recruit

Post by panzer stu »

Johnf wrote:Thinking about going over. Can any body recomend accomodation nearby. Have not been to bovington before. Coming from Ireland by ferry.

hi mate try some of these you want to be looking at wareham or lulworth these are closest for musuem http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction ... &pageNum=1 .

i have stayed at a couple of them myself but for life of me can not remember there names :think: lol . if you have any probs send me an email stuthewoo@hotmail.co.uk . you are allways welcome to stay at mine . i live in taunton somerset about hour 15 away from musuem just another option mate if you can not get sorted . we can drive down together saturday morning .cheers stu

Return to “Events / Days out”