alternative masking stuff

This board contains guides to painting and weathering, please post your tips, tricks and tutorials here.
streetfighterjeff
Sergeant

alternative masking stuff

Post by streetfighterjeff »

guys, got this tip off the finescale modeller forum. used it on a 1:72 first world war female tank and its great. simply use kiddy gel toothpaste. put it on with a bruch , spray then wash it off. does a great job and you get a slight soft edge to the pattern. i'll try and get some pics up. jeff
only here for a good time, not a long time
HL King Tiger
Torro Tiger I
Saxondog
Captain

Re: alternative masking stuff

Post by Saxondog »

Very interesting idea,I use a similar method on warship decks,allowing the steel fittings to remain unpainted as the wooden deck is painted.

Do post some picture as this seems like a very good idea and I have a Porsche King Tiger in need of painting and have been waiting to plan out the camo,this tank needs to be perfect and this may well be the very solution I have been searching for.

I have used the clay method to good result on my Jagdpanther,but this would seem much easier.
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
daemond6
Private

Re: alternative masking stuff

Post by daemond6 »

Plasticine/modeling putty is common for masking sections of models, blu-tac and similar works but might leave a residue...
On a side note, I know some people use granulated sugar for simulating rust chips, what do you guys think of it?

Return to “Painting and Weathering”