Tank Transporter 2011

This board is for you people out their who would like to discuss RC cars and trucks
Gryphon
Recruit

Tank Transporter 2011

Post by Gryphon »

I'm sorry that this is probably a perennial theme, but having now built a Tamiya 26.540 Tractor (and 40' Maersk Container Trailer - jeez that was a lot of little screws!!) and also having a Tamiya Leopard 2A6 of course the penny fell into place that actually a Tank Transporter would be a nice addition - only there isn't a current/modern one at 1/16th scale, and no obvious trailer at 1/14th.......Nuts!!

I quite often see so called 'white fleet' truck tractors pulling heavy tanks around rather than the dedicated transporters built for the job - UK military being cheapskates, or more practical choice for 'on road' operations I don't know. On that basis as 'heavy end' artic tractor can obviously do the job.

Soooo, with not having the space and time to scratch build (not sure my skills and tools are up to it either) I'm left with a less than ideal choice of trailers.

Tamiya don't make one - so that out.

Carson Modelsport make two possibles, but which is the better option.

Their 'Goldhofer' type low loader looks closer to the correct type of vehicle than their 3-axle boat trailer (well it's advertised that way) with the flat loading ramp.

Is there any other trailer that is close to being correct, assuming that my web searches have found all that is available and fits the Tamiya tractor?

There are various threads on this subject that have come and gone with time, and I'll probably be drawing groans again of 'not another transporter thread' for which I'm sorry, but......

I've seen the latter Carson trailer used, but not the former, and wondered why not?
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Tank Transporter 2011

Post by fv432 »

;) ;)
trailer017.jpg
Gryphon
Recruit

Post by Gryphon »

Thanks for the tips.....i'm still hunting around the web to see what else is there, but it's proving o be an interesting challenge B|

The project has just had to go on hold for a few weeks due to some other 'committments' that have arisen today. One for me to come back to after doing some more research into a trailer, lighting systems, beacons etc.

I've also got some more work to finish on the Leopard, nd the weather is currently not overly conducive for running RC Kit outside - although good for contruction :D
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

no probs gryphon
is that the type of low loader your after? if so
you now where to find me ;)

Rob
r32
Lance Corporal

Post by r32 »

I had decent results with the Wedico drop deck trailer.

Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Excellent, thanks for sharing.
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
DirtyHarry82
Recruit

Post by DirtyHarry82 »

Another old topic but I saw this the other day. http://www.rcbrmin.com/114-scale-low-lo ... p-774.html Nifty stuff nonetheless..

Return to “RC Cars and Trucks”